New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi all!

I'm Marcus, I run a mixing studio in Sweden. Been doing that since 2004 and still walk in the door with a smile on my face everyday! :)

I love music and everything it's about!

If you need any help with mixing your songs give me a shout!

Cheers,
/Marcus

Hello from Seattle/Tacoma!

I'm Dave I live in the Seattle/Tacoma area, I'm a struggling musician (is there another kind?) and dealing with a recently awakened quest for good rich sound.

DSC04874.JPG

Introduction

Good morning, I'm new here, so I thought I'd post here first. I'm happiest wearing headphones and pushing faders. I believe I may not be in the minority here. TGIF.

Hello everyone, Paul here. Been tinkering around recording at home for about 7 years, but never really put much effort into it. Seeing all of the great information here makes me want to learn more. Currently I'm recording guitar and using VSTi for Drums and Bass Guitar. I have my amp out here (with me in an office type room with my computer) and the cabinet isolated in a spare bedroom (thank you, 50 ft. cables).

I've been a lurker for a while, but feel like I should take the plunge and say hello!

Ello all... I also came via entering the Liza Colby contest. I've always been into home recording for songwriting purposes, and I always tried to make them sound as good as I could, but I didn't really know anything about mixing or any better equipment. After my band was fortunate enough to catch Beau Hill's ear and he mixed our songs, I got to hear quality mixes pre master stage, and I learned that I was, for all intents and purposes, wrong that all the magic in all those big time records was in the mastering stage. So, I got a lot more interested in mixing since I had thought my mixes previous to that were so dull because they simply weren't mastered. Now, I'm just getting to a point to where I feel I'm starting to get close enough to kinda know what I'm doing to put some stuff out there for criticism and see if I've made any progress. In the meantime, I have a lot of reading to do here. :)

Kevin Wale

Ello all... I also came via entering the Liza Colby contest. I've always been into home recording for songwriting purposes, and I always tried to make them sound as good as I could, but I didn't really know anything about mixing or any better equipment. After my band was fortunate enough to catch Beau Hill's ear and he mixed our songs, I got to hear quality mixes pre master stage, and I learned that I was, for all intents and purposes, wrong that all the magic in all those big time records was in the mastering stage. So, I got a lot more interested in mixing since I had thought my mixes previous to that were so dull because they simply weren't mastered. Now, I'm just getting to a point to where I feel I'm starting to get close enough to kinda know what I'm doing to put some stuff out there for criticism and see if I've made any progress. In the meantime, I have a lot of reading to do here. :)

Kevin Wale

Welcome Kevin!

You are well on your way to finding the correct direction now. I keep looking myself. :)

Hope to hear more from you in the forum. So much to learn around here....:D

Good evening party people. My name is Brian and I am a fairly new videographer in Eagle River Alaska. One of the things I am quickly learning is that poor audio can kill a great video, as such I am trying to learn as much as possible.

Where I am running into problems is when I am trying to record voice overs and finding information on how to connect a microphone to a PC is very very limited, or I am not looking in the right places. Here is my issue and gear setup.

Capturing in Adobe Audition.

Mic: Shure 87A > 3' XLR M-F > PreAmp: ART TubePAC > XLR-USB > straight to motherboard.

My main issue is there seems to be a lot of static and no amount of knob tweaking or setting changes that I know of are working to reduce it. PC fans, setting issue, poor gear ?? I am not sure. I am willing to pay for good stuff if I only have to do it once.

I am assuming most people here are musicians capturing instrument play which is similar to what I am after, just need a clean voice.

Thank you for reading this and if you need some more information just ask. I could even upload and link some of the noise I am talking about if that will help at all.

Brian.

Hello everyone!

New to the forum and we wanted to introduce our selves. We are Lyndon Barnard, Kenny Butcher, Brennen C-Y, Patrick Murphy and Cody Wood of The Shroud of Gaia, a progressive music experience from Ontario, Canada!

We have for the most part recorded our selves so we're always interested in discovering new things about recording and possibly share some of our own techniques with all of you. We do have some ADAT recording experience as well.

Anyway, great to be here!

TSoG

Hey all! Jamie here. My story: Didn't expect to be chasing sounds for a living, but that's life. I went to school at The Media Institute and have been mixing/mastering ever since. Also on a quest to spread the word about how underrated Reason is.

Hello everyone.

im new in here and let me introduce myself. Edwin is part of my name, newbie in homerecording and i hope we can share in here. Thank you

Greetings,

I'm a Dublin based musician trying to record my first EP. There's a few things I'm struggling with so I was hoping to find some answers here.

MDP

Hi everyone - I'm a part-time production-music composer and saw some interesting threads on here so I joined up. Looking to share and hear some great music with you all.

Hello all,

I am new to this community and I will be around to solve problems or answer questions about any of our products. So, feel free to contact me in case you want to know anything about Steinberg products, or even if you want to discuss future ideas or developments ;)

Best regards,
GN

Hello all,

I am new to this community and I will be around to solve problems or answer questions about any of our products. So, feel free to contact me in case you want to know anything about Steinberg products, or even if you want to discuss future ideas or developments ;)

Best regards,
GN

Great to have a Steinberg rep here now! Just hooked up two 824's last night. Welcome GN! :)

Hey guys and gals. My name is Matt. Been here a day so far, but learned more than my brain can absorb already. LOL

I absolutely LOVE music, live for it, couldn't live without it. I write some songs (mostly country), sing and play guitar, but only been at it a few years. Came here to learn how to make my recordings sound better and learn how to mix so I can start putting together some of my songs.

Probably won't have a lot to say, but look forward to reading and learning. Take it easy! -Matt

n00b

Hey guys, Adam here. Just started buying recording gear. Tacam US1800, Just ordered some drum mics. Still needs monitors and Earphones. Planning on mostly doing live recordings of rehearsals for now.

Hello everyone! I`m Petroley and I`m from Bosnia. I`m doing music for a while, I do mastering and mixing tutorials on cool edit, adobe audition, fl studio and others.

Hip Hop is my life!!

Peace!!

Back