New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello,

My name is Pedro (aka Jimmy), I'm from Portugal and I'm starting to create my home studio, to record some songs and produce electronic music.

I hope to get a lot of feedback from you guys here in this forum.

Cheers

Hey Jimmy, I think there is some cool EDM out there and people are going in such a new direction with sound textures, what people use for beats. Hope to hear some of your stuff soon.

Hey guys, name is Austin and I'm so far down on the recording n00b ladder so I'll be popping up randomly asking annoying questions to figure out how to get better sounds. Been playing guitar for years, but just recently getting into trying to get solid audio recordings.

We all started at the bottom. Good news for you, we are here. Lots of really knowledgeable people on this board.e are some DAs, but look past them, you will quickly know who knows that they are talking about and who is just throwing stuff. Be patient, watch who's posting and you will be able to filter pretty quick.

Just don't offended too quick is my point.

Thanks David, and no worries, I'm not easily offended. Going through the forums now...I might not have to ask anything, there's a lot of info already there. Going to be interesting.

Hi, My names JP. Have been engineering/learning for about 6 years, always trying to better my sound quality.

Knowledge is key to my success so im here to absorb any kind of info you guys have to offer.

Feed back on my engineered tracks is highly encouraged

Also, I am always up to mix a track just pm me :)

Foreverknown Ent. - Family Ties Clothing

Hi, My names JP. Have been engineering/learning for about 6 years, always trying to better my sound quality.

Knowledge is key to my success so im here to absorb any kind of info you guys have to offer.

Feed back on my engineered tracks is highly encouraged

Also, I am always up to mix a track just pm me :)

Foreverknown Ent. - Family Ties Clothing

Welcome JP, great to have some more experience on the board.

Hi...I am Tom--a new guy on the block. I would say new kid on the block, but am not a kid.
I play acoustic traditional Bluegrass music and have recorded abunch of songs with a few other people in different bands. I am trying to get a better sound out of my equipment, so that is why I am here.

I am using PC Intel duo Core; 4 gigs RAM; Win 7 32 bit;
Sonar X1 Essentials; M Audio Fast Track Pro USB interface w phantom power.
Mics: Samson C1; AKG Perception 220; MXL condenser mic.

I dont mind using Sonar X1 but want to get better quality recording. I would luv some suggestions for a new audio interface. Most of my recording is myself, but occasionally 2 or 3 of us might record live. We do not use midi or electric instruments or most effects. Perhaps some EQ, compression and reverb.

I will start reading the threads and come up with some questions, unless I find them addressed in the threads.
I record with a Gibson F5 mandolin, a Martin HD28 guitar, an Imperial 5 string banjo, and an acoustic bass fiddle. I sing lead and harmony parts.

This keeps me busy and outta the bars and off the streets.
Tom in Tulsa (hence my name)

Hi...I am Tom--a new guy on the block. I would say new kid on the block, but am not a kid.
I play acoustic traditional Bluegrass music and have recorded abunch of songs with a few other people in different bands. I am trying to get a better sound out of my equipment, so that is why I am here.

I am using PC Intel duo Core; 4 gigs RAM; Win 7 32 bit;
Sonar X1 Essentials; M Audio Fast Track Pro USB interface w phantom power.
Mics: Samson C1; AKG Perception 220; MXL condenser mic.

I dont mind using Sonar X1 but want to get better quality recording. I would luv some suggestions for a new audio interface. Most of my recording is myself, but occasionally 2 or 3 of us might record live. We do not use midi or electric instruments or most effects. Perhaps some EQ, compression and reverb.

I will start reading the threads and come up with some questions, unless I find them addressed in the threads.
I record with a Gibson F5 mandolin, a Martin HD28 guitar, an Imperial 5 string banjo, and an acoustic bass fiddle. I sing lead and harmony parts.

This keeps me busy and outta the bars and off the streets.
Tom in Tulsa (hence my name)

Hey Tulsa Tom (for now), better not move ;) You probably can get more out of what you have than you realize. Before you make any moves, lets push what you have and then when you know what you need, then you can "upgrade". First place you start is improve your source (I got this insight right off this board). Take some time to get to know your mics, your room, the instruments, etc. For us beginners, we could have the best equipment and it would still sound like dung. So, start playing around with room acoustics, mic placement, make sure your line levels are not too high (better to record low and not clip, than too hot, you will make up the gain later in the mix). See if the room is bright, boomy, if you like the room, if the room needs some treatment.

Lots of good ways to get a decent recording even on sub standard equipment. Experiment, ask and be ready to learn more than you asked for.

Welcome to the site.

Hello My name is Sergey and I am new to the work of recording, I am a RF Tech support engineer by trade but I was asked a couple of years ago to start creating Technical support videos. As a novus I had no clue what I was doing but, after finding the right software and MIC I guess they came out alright.

I am always open to suggestion on how to improve my videos, from graphics to the way they sound to well any other tips and tricks that are out there.

Thank you

Hello, my name is Ryan. I am a long time guitar player, and just now getting into some recording. I am excited about the things I read about computer recording, but a little overwhelmed too. I think this will be fun.

Hi, my name is Luis, im spanish, for this reason my english is bad...hehe.
I play the guitar, and i'm sutying sound, i want to learn recording techniques
Regards friends!

I'm new to this forum. For my day job, I am a musician at the Disneyland Resort. I have a question and wondered if anyone can help me… I just installed my Tascam US-1800 (driver V.2.10) with my Equator Audio D8 near field monitors on my Macintosh computer (OS X 10.8.5). The Tascam and monitors work great when playing audio from my computer. However, when I try to play anything online, no sound occurs. Is there a setting that I need to change in order for things online to play through my Tascam and monitors?

Thanks

Newbie question about Synth

Hi I've played classical piano for 13 years. I play/arrange by ear and doodle around with pop/classical/whatever improv/impromptu composition. My main objective at the moment I want to find out is how to start playing live synth for performing (sorta like this Vox Atomic on youtube-I can't post links yet, so gratias tibi ago if you look him up). Where would I start that? I already know my theory pretty well, so would I just go buy some stuff (what would you recommend buying for starters?) and mess around to figure it out? Or is there a different, more formal approach you guys recommend taking?

Back