new amp day! Fender Deluxe Reverb!

I did some more research, and I think it's actually a 1965 model, not 1964 - a transformer in it has a 1964 date code (so they said at the store - I'm still learning) but the code on the tube chart is "OB" - which after some web searching, I think means February of 1965:

that would make this a CBS era amp by a week or two, I suppose, or maybe among the very last of the pre-CBS amps, depending on how you look at it.

You can cross reference the serial number stamped into the back of the chassis with the Superior Music page-
Superior Music - Fender Amp, Amplifier Serial Numbers
Though CBS bought out in 1965, they still used the AB763 circuit all the way up to (I think) 1968 or 1969. The very first Silverfaces still had Blackface circuits.

Hey antichef (and others). I though I'd use my Deluxe Reissue to do the guitar solos on a song I put up at the clinic, if you are interested. The solo comes about 3/4 of the way through the song.

On the left is a Fender Strat with Duncan Antiquity II pickups, bridge position, through the DRRI reverb channel, input 1. Volume 8, treble 6, bass 5, reverb 2. I added delay from a TC Flashback into the front end of the amp. Mic is a 57 on the grill.

On the right is an SG with Duncan Seth Lovers, bridge pickup, DRRI reverb channel, input 2. Volume about 5, same EQ settings. There is also delay going in. Mic is my M-Audio ribbon set back about 6 feet in a good sounding room.

Here's a link to the thread:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/mp3-mixing-clinic/you-ill-turn-386433/

Last edited:
I really want a Fender Amp. Ideally I want a twin-channel, gig-capable amp with the option to crunch the clean channel and a superb lead sound. What setup am I looking for?

Also, I want the controls on the front.

I really want a Fender Amp. Ideally I want a twin-channel, gig-capable amp with the option to crunch the clean channel and a superb lead sound. What setup am I looking for?

Also, I want the controls on the front.
I'd say a Fender "Pro Tube" Twin Amp. 100 all-tube watts pumping through 2 x 12" speakers. Weighs a metric ton and it's load as all hell. It's got the classic Fender clean tone and it can scream on the crunch channel; it's got some gain on tap. Controls are on the front, too. Only problem with it is that the casters rattle when you play it loud without removing them. Not sure if they still make them though...

Back