MXL V67 humming and cutting out

ChuckU

I'm thinking it may be a loose ground caused by someone pulling too hard on the xlr cable. Any ideas?

ChuckU said:
I'm thinking it may be a loose ground caused by someone pulling too hard on the xlr cable. Any ideas?

Another possibility: did the capsule get wet? Sometimes putting it in a container with a dessicant packet for a few days will resolve that. Or place it in the oven at 100deg for an hour or so.

sounds like a power problem to me. The connector is kinda hard to get in an out of that particular mic.

ChuckU said:
Try using another xlr cable... one that you know works.

I've tried different XLR's and other mics in the same chain (dynamics only so far) don't cut out.

Have you tried putting the mic in a zip lock type plastic bag with some silica gel packs for a few days yet?

Try unscrewing the mic body retainer (not just the mount retaining ring), then screwing it back in. Sometimes the anodized area in the threads doesn't make good electrical contact, though this is usually only a problem with new mics.

Back