Multiple Delta 1010s w/ProTools M-powered

hand in glove

Hey There guys,

I've heard that with ProTools m-powered, you are able to actually run multiple delta 1010s without it limiting the use to one of those interfaces.

Anyone had any experience with this particular setup?

I don"t have any experience with that setup But I Can confirm that it does work as many poeple on this Board have talked about useing multiple delta cards in the same PC at the same Time and you don"t have to use 2 delta 1010"s either you can use a 1010 with a 44 or 66 or a 2496 as they all use the same Drivers.....

Cheers

Thats great! I was even wondering about just getting a smaller card for extra inputs, and that does make sense that the delta range would use the same drivers.

Thanks for that guys

You can use multiple 1010s with cubase too......in case that is relevant to you.

Pro Tools M-Powered 7.0 for M-Audio Systems on Windows XP
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.0 compatibility

* Windows XP Professional or Home Edition
* Not Supported:
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
* Pro Tools M-Powered 7 is qualified with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP1 not tested)
* Pro Tools M-Powered 7 software can't be installed or used on systems running Windows 98, Me, 2000, NT, 95, or 3.1

M-Audio Hardware Supported by Pro Tools M-Powered Software

Pro Tools M-Powered software requires one of the following M-Audio Interfaces:

* Audiophile 192
High-Definition 4-In/4-Out Audio Card (PCI) with Digital I/O and MIDI
* Audiophile 2496
4-In/4-Out Audio Card (PCI) with MIDI and Digital I/O
* Audiophile USB **
USB Audio/MIDI Interface with Digital I/O
* Delta 44
Professional 4-In/4-Out Audio Card (PCI)
* Delta 66
Professional 6-In/6-Out Audio Card (PCI) with Digital I/O
* Delta 1010
10-In/10-Out PCI/Rack Digital Recording System with MIDI and Digital I/O
* Delta 1010LT
10-In/10-Out PCI Virtual Studio
* Fast Track Pro **
4 x 4 Mobile USB Audio/MIDI Interface with Preamps
* Fast Track USB *
Record Guitar and Vocals on Your Computer - Complete with Effects
* FireWire 1814
18-in/14-out FireWire Audio/MIDI Interface w/ADAT Lightpipe
* FireWire 410
4-In/10-Out FireWire Audio/MIDI Mobile Recording Interface
* FireWire Audiophile
4-In/6-Out FireWire Audio/MIDI Interface
* FireWire Solo
FireWire Mobile Audio Interface for Songwriter/Guitarists
* JamLab **
Personal Guitar System
* M-Audio Black Box *
Amps | Effects | Drums | Recording USB Audio interface for Guitarists
* M-Audio Ozone *
USB Audio/MIDI Mobile Workstation
* MobilePre USB *
USB Bus-Powered Preamp and Audio Interface
* Ozonic
37-Key FireWire Audio/MIDI Interface and Controller

* ProjectMix I/O *
Control Surface with Motorized Faders and 18 x 14 Audio Interface
* Transit
High-Resolution Mobile Audio Interface

*Pro Tools M-Powered 7.0 or higher required
**Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1 or higher required

About Pro Tools M-Powered Software

* Pro Tools M-Powered software requires one of the above M-Audio hardware devices, which must be connected to your computer to run Pro Tools M-Powered software
:mad: * Pro Tools M-Powered supports the use of any single supported M-Audio peripheral. Simultaneous use of multiple M-Audio peripherals is not supported. :mad:
* Other audio interfaces from M-Audio have not been qualified with M-Powered
* Audio interfaces by Digidesign or any manufacturer other than M-Audio will not work with Pro Tools M-Powered software

Authorization

* A pre-authorized cross-platform (Mac/Win) red iLok USB hardware key is included with all Pro Tools M-Powered software purchases
* The Pro Tools M-Powered authorization works with all versions of Pro Tools M-Powered (6.8, 7.0, 7.1)

Total System RAM

* 512MB minimum required for Pro Tools M-Powered 7, more recommended
* More RAM increases overall system and Pro Tools performance
* More RAM suggested for sessions with high edit density, extensive use of plug-ins, or simultaneous use with MIDI sequencers
* 1GB total system RAM or more required with Music Production Toolkit option in order to reliably achieve maximum track count
* Refer to motherboard manufacturer for supported RAM version

Additional Requirements

Monitor

* Minimum resolution of 1024 x 768
* 17" or larger recommended if using external monitor

Performance Guidelines

* Recording to the system startup drive is not recommended or supported
* Although limited recording and playback of audio tracks may be possible using the startup drive, one or more separate dedicated 7200 rpm audio hard drive(s) is required for maximum performance and track count
* Dual processor machines may need to have network cards disabled for best performance

Known Issues

* Pro Tools does not support RAID technology. Please do not activate this feature on any Pro Tools recording drives.
* Computers with motherboards containing SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) chipsets
* Intel Celeron, Pentium III and older processor based computers are not supported
* AMD K6, K6-2 or K6-III, K7 processor based computers are not supported (newer AMD Athlon XP, Athlon 64, and Athlon 64 FX processors are supported)
* Before purchasing these or any computer, please carefully go over these documents and the exact specifications of the computer to make certain that all of the compatibility guidelines have been met.

Music Production Toolkit Option — Maximum Track Count Information

The purchase of this option expands a Pro Tools M-Powered system from 32 total voiceable tracks to up to 48 mono or 48 stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz (interface permitting). Some laptops are capable of 48 stereo tracks at up to 96k, providing the system meets the following recommended requirements for maximum track count:

* 2GHz or higher processor
* 1GB total system RAM or more
* 2 or more hard drives dedicated for audio record and playback:
- 2 or more external FireWire drives (7200 rpm)

M-Audio Driver Updates

To download driver updates from the M-Audio website:

* Go to the Support-> Drivers section on the M-Audio website.

For more information, visit this page.

SamIam89 said:
I use (3) 1010lts with tracktion. works fine.

I use a Delta1010 and two Delta 410's with both Cubase SX and Adobe Audition for 12in/24out analog connections.

I think pro tools M-Powered is about the only platrorm that'll let you run only one M-Audio card. Any other program that supporst M-Audio seems to work with multiple delta cards. Shame really

its pretty bs that they dropped support for the delta 410, when theres nothing wrong with this card at all.. ive used it on windows with pro tools 7.4, but it will not work on the mac.......! using pt7.3

the only way to achieve:

-multi card sync of up to 4 cards
-running m-powered pro tools

as far as i know, is to:
-run WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL 32-BIT
-live with the 4gb ram limitation

the above works 100% with pro tools m-powered versions 7 + 8.. not sure about mp9 as ive never had a copy.. and i dont think they would even let me upgrade my mp8 to mp9 they would want u to pay 399$ to upgrade to pt10.. they dont let u have pt9 or mp9 even if u ask for them i think! THEY are freakin nuts;) that AVID company;) bunch of loonballs.

one more note: there is a '...... of the carribbean' version of pro tools 7 that may i think even allow the use of multiple m-audio deltas on windows 7. this version doesnt allow u to use non-maudio hardware but it does remove the limitation of the "single delta only" that was added in with ptmp7

Back