Motif ES Rack

Pro Tools User

Hi all,

Im wondering how you guys with the Rack ES are getting your sounds into your DAW? Also whats the deal with the studio manager software that comes with the ES are you using it also? This is my first sound module purchase and I'm still trying to figure out how to set it up the right way. Right now Im using just a cheap keyboard as a controller and using the main L and R out of the motif going into PT analog inputs. I dont have any midi cables going from the motif to the digi, is there a need to have my midi cables set up with this unit?

Sorry I know nothing about what Im doing here just figuring out this sound module as I go.

Thanks
Eddie

Yo Pro Tools Mechanic: :cool:

I run my ES Motif direct to the DAW, via a 1/4 mono cable. I sometimes run the cable into a mic pre; sometimes not. Depends on how dynamic the song I'm doing is.

The ES has plenty of clear sound. I'm using a Yam 2816 to record and mix.

Sometimes making the stereo track for a CD takes longer than doing the song.

Merry Christmas

Green Hornet :D

I have the regular Motif Rack and I use either the analog outs or the spdif outs into my audiophile.

I don't use the midi into my sc (just midi out of my controller into the midi in on the Motif) so I don't suppose you have to either.

Of course, we may be missing a huge portion of functionality that could be saving us gigantic amounts of time and delaying aggravation. So far though, I'm a happy camper! :D

Back