Mixing Clinic Reviewer Guidelines

this super critic sounds alot like Bruce......kinda condescending and snotty......but Bruce IS a tad more likeable.......

Gidge said:
this super critic sounds alot like Bruce......kinda condescending and snotty......but Bruce IS a tad more likeable.......
Nope... wasn't me! I don't have to hide behind anonimity... if something sucks I have absolutely no problem saying so! (like you didn't already know that!!)

participant said:
jeez... it's sticky in here :(
You know, I kinda' like having SOME thread as a sticky in this forum, so long as it's open. That way, all the offtopic bullshit can be posted without fear of reprisal for bumping a non-music thread.

I've already forgotten what the topic was, btw - I was just thinking of how overindulgent Bhohemian Rhapsody is... I mean, really; if the song were a person, it'd be wearing neon pumps.

I will agree aboot the excess of "gushy" critiques. Sometimes I'll hear something that sounds pretty bad, both recording-wise and music-wise, and yet I'll see fifty people coming back with, "This is great, man." I just can't imagine that it's all that helpful to the artist to hear nothing but positive replies, while they're still putting out extremely amateur material. Hell,... I'm my biggest critic around here.... not to mention that I still haven't been able to convince anyone that I can't sing. :D

WATYF [/B]

Well, First, I dont expect to ever put out any pro material!!. Yet ,I still retain the right /desire and strive to improve what I am doing because its my passion.

IMHO the clinic is not about producing a pro recording, IT IS about IMPROVING your home or small studio recording abilities.

Each of us have some degree of talent and it varies widely. I usually try to notice if someones just put together a piece that shows improvement over what they have been posting. If Sluice or crawdad or marcomb put out something that was ONLY as good as my best, Well Id have to let them know that they were not up to there usual excellence BUT I would probably still compliment the work if I liked it or found it inspiring. I sure hope that no one is comparing what I produce 1 for 1 against theirs. You've gotta look at the whole picture here.

Most "artists" here are not pros in the music biz and IMHO theres plenty of great part time talent. I dont need to be told that I missed a note I played or that my playing sucks, it is what it is and it has taken a lifetime to get it this screwed up.:D Constructive suggestions are greatly appreciated how to improve what Ive got to work with as well. Not blatant Insults from pompous ,rude insulting, Imature spirit smashing fools.

I support the banning of those who's main objective is to try to disrupt the harmony of this forum.

Hey while Im at it, and we are discussing forum dos and donts, I have a small request. Try to keep the
Giant Size expletives to a minimum since when I am at work and someone comes up behind me IT really BLOWS my cover:D :( :) :o :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool: :cool: :eek: :D ;)

My 3 cents
BILL

wfaraoni said:

Hey while Im at it, and we are discussing forum dos and donts, I have a small request. Try to keep the
Giant Size expletives to a minimum since when I am at work and someone comes up behind me IT really BLOWS my cover:D :( :)
You know what's coming, so be smart and don't scroll this at work, lol...

What the FUCK are you talking about?

Wait, you're not at work now, right?

wfaraoni said:
Giant Size expletives to a minimum since when I am at work and someone comes up behind me IT really BLOWS my cover:D :( :) :o :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool: :cool: :eek: :D ;)

My 3 cents
BILL

hmm I may have giantsized a few expletives since i have hung around this BBS (not neccesarily this forum), I'll be nice now :).

Constructive criticizm is great I think. I am new to the recording end of things so my opinion as far as technical things are concerned isn't really valid :). However I think I could offer up some ideas as far as the creative end of things are concerned (not that I do :D).

If I ever get to posting something it is going to be ripped into tiny little pieces and spewed back into my face, hopefully without acidladen remarks about how it "sucks".

Saying it "sucks" is not helpful, and those that say it "sucks", should really go suck eggs, or knobs, or whatever.

(Believe me I can tell when it sucks anyhow :), which in my case is always so far, explaining the lack of tunes posted :mad: ).

At the same time if someone tells me it sucks, well I can tell them they suck and be done with it, or better yet, just ignore them altogether :).

My cent.
MAK...

SWEET!!!... another post along this subject!! Thanks Slackie!! ;)
(jab, jab... punch, punch)

Harris...you have waaaaay too many posts in this thread already. Go remix a song or something:p (23 hrs/day...sheesh!)

Damn...if a songs sucks musically, I think that's fair game too. You know...songwriting??? eh?? poor song structure?... listen to Sabbath... all he is is random thoughts:D :D ... strung all along a line... (snort snort!)

everything boils down to the mix...

you mix it up when you mix it down...

Let's see... new cyber name... hhhmmmm ... I know..."GIDGE"... then I can just say statements with two meanings!!!

naw...how 'bout... mp3mkr ..... hhmmm nice ring to it...

:eek:

mixmkr said:
You know...songwriting??? eh?? poor song structure?... listen to Sabbath... all he is is random thoughts:D :D ... strung all along a line... (snort snort!)

A.D.D. + T.H.C. is how I make my mp3..

:D

Blue Bear Sound said:
Nope... wasn't me! I don't have to hide behind anonimity... if something sucks I have absolutely no problem saying so! (like you didn't already know that!!)

yes, Bruce , you know how much I suck.....just dont tell your wife......its our little secret.....:eek:

I've already forgotten what the topic was, btw - I was just thinking of how overindulgent Bhohemian Rhapsody is... I mean, really; if the song were a person, it'd be wearing neon pumps.

So basically you fixated on this because i mentioned i liked the song is that it? You wanna start more shit or is this just a good natured jibe? I've left you and your threads a wide berth ever since the last flame out so please clarify this for me.

Slackmaster2K said:
Here, I'll give them something else to argue about: My car is white.
Slackmaster 2000

I KNEW it! He is one of those White Supremacist Types.
White Car, Indeed! Is your car cover sewn together from old bedsheets?

:D

Seriously. How about an FT inspired Rule that states that Clinic Posts should be posted in the Clinic.

Last edited:
Khompewtur said:
So basically you fixated on this because i mentioned i liked the song is that it? You wanna start more shit or is this just a good natured jibe? I've left you and your threads a wide berth ever since the last flame out so please clarify this for me.
I didn't even notice that you posted it? I just read something about that tune and commented on it.

Dissing Queen? Who did that??

Jesus, it's getting so I can't say a fucking word around here without somebody attributing some...oh fuck it, who cares.

mixmkr - I predict you'll yell at me for "padding" my post count...but you shouldn't feel threatened, lol...you'll always be "top dog" around here. :D

[edit] Kramer They make the rockin' world go 'round, baby!!

Yup, nothing before that "edit" sign has been changed, lmao

Last edited:
ok...look-it Harris... you just used up TWO more posts... you couldn't have put them together into ONE post? sheesh.... the gall of some people...

Back