mixing backing vocals like...

arkada

hi, thanks for read this
i want to make this effect in my band's backing vocals
i want to know if anybody of you knows what effect do this artist use? or what kind of threatment did the producer do?

1- at 1:16 ( bitterswweet voices part)

bernhoft - c'mon talk
/watch?v=hH5RHVtoDdw

2-at 1:19 (lyrics. running around again part)

mika - we are golden
/watch?v=oA148GHdoRo

3-at 1:09 ( voices that say : is this how we say goodbye)

what goes around by justin timberlake

/watch?v=NIaiXmm1H0o

thanks very much, and sorry my english
have a nice day

I'm not hearing a particular effect on the parts. Lower octave harmony, another harmony vocal and double tracking of the main vocal line, seems quite obvious on the Timberlake song. I'm not sure I understand your question. When talent is good, the voice itself is the effect. Adding effects is not really the way to make something better. That is just frosting on the cake. Well, unless you are trying to fix bad performances. Then it is a different story. Nothing beats a good performance ever.

I'm not hearing a particular effect on the parts. Lower octave harmony, another harmony vocal and double tracking of the main vocal line, seems quite obvious on the Timberlake song. I'm not sure I understand your question. When talent is good, the voice itself is the effect. Adding effects is not really the way to make something better. That is just frosting on the cake. Well, unless you are trying to fix bad performances. Then it is a different story. Nothing beats a good performance ever.

can be just the double tracking and one with lower octave harmony ?
cause i though that was the ''effect''
but i think that is something else, the EQ?,
anyway, i will try your tips to see the results
thanks very much

Back