mixer, protools, combo?

badegg

so i want to run pro tools le with mbox

can i use a mixer to eaier translate my mixing?

will the mixer connect dierectly into the daw mixer?

is there a difference between using a mixer with pro tools le and pro tools m-powered?

What kind of mixer do you have in mind?

The mbox only has two outputs so it's not really ideal to use an analog mixer with it.

I'm not sure.

I highly doubt a digital mixer will be any different (never used one).

You might be able to use the S/PDIF connections and the digital mixer will translate the separate tracks onto separate tracks on the mixer, but I doubt this is the case.

Look into it, but as I said, don't get your hopes up.

I don't see a problem with using the mixer in pro tools itself.

But if you want to use an external mixer with LE, you'd have to go and buy a 003rack+ but thats still only 8 (i think) outputs.

Even at HD level, you need ONE 96i/o or 192i/o for 8 outputs. They normally have three of em just to get 24 tracks to the desk in pro studios.

And those boys are expensive!

Are you thinking about a control surface? Do you want to basically bring the program mixer onto a hardware surface? If yes then you will have to go with a digidesign board because as far as I know most are not compatible with PT. I may not be 100% correct on that though so you should do some research.

OK.. I RUN PRO-TOOLS M-POWERED.. I HAVE A 35 YEAR OLD CONSOLE. (TASCAM M-15).. I GO DIRECT TO CONSOLE; FROM CONSOLE TO (2) DELTA 1010LT's.. I AM RUNNING XP MEDIA EDITION.. (TWEEKED TO PRO VERSION)..

I USE MY CONSOLE FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT EFFECTS.. I USE PRO-TOOLS TO RECORD AND EDIT ONLY.. I USE THE CONSOLE FOR TRIM/EQ/LEVELS.. VERBS; COMPRESSION ARE ALL DONE IN PROTOOLS..

CLEAN SET-UP.. NO OUTBOARD GEAR.. WORKS EVERY TIME..

i use a mixer with a line 6 toneport...same idea and works well...saves plugging and unplugging everytime I want to use an instrument....doesnt appear to add much noise either

HELP PRotools ? Mixer ? Setup?

hi.
i need help
i want to use my mbox2 with tascam
how can use this tascam do01/fx /cd to my protools Mbox?
hellp

thank you
i want to use my protools for edting or recording ,. but i want my tascam dp01 fx/Cd to be connected which is easier for me.
thank you :spank:

hi.
i need help
i want to use my mbox2 with tascam
how can use this tascam do01/fx /cd to my protools Mbox?
hellp

thank you
i want to use my protools for edting or recording ,. but i want my tascam dp01 fx/Cd to be connected which is easier for me.
thank you :spank:

Pro Tools only works with Digidesign interfaces or a few other enabled interfaces (M-Audio "M-Powered"). Your Tascam may work as a controller. The Digidesign forum has lots of Pro Tools info: http://duc.digidesign.com/

Back