Mix Contest 200 lashes

ok i made a mistake. the drums indeed do not line up because instead of giving you the tracks that i had previously lined up, i gave you all the drum track that bentrabbit sent me which is not lined up at all. all the dum tracks start at the same place. here's how they line up. the guitar comes in on the 5th hihat. and the bass drum comes in on the sixth hihat. there is a small noise that sounds like a weak bass drum on the 4th hihat or so but that's to be deleted.

sorry for the confusion everyone.

ok i made a mistake. the drums indeed do not line up because instead of giving you the tracks that i had previously lined up, i gave you all the drum track that bentrabbit sent me which is not lined up at all. all the dum tracks start at the same place. here's how they line up. the guitar comes in on the 5th hihat. and the bass drum comes in on the sixth hihat. there is a small noise that sounds like a weak bass drum on the 4th hihat or so but that's to be deleted.

sorry for the confusion everyone.
Cool, sounds to me like I may have gotten it right...

Hey Nicole, havn't heard any of the tracks yet, so if you want me to help with judging, I can do that. Shoot me a PM.

Cheers,

the guitar comes in on the 5th hihat. and the bass drum comes in on the sixth hihat. there is a small noise that sounds like a weak bass drum on the 4th hihat or so but that's to be deleted.
I think I deleted the first hihat in my thrashing around. But let's just call it an artistic contribution :D

Let me start by saying that this is the first "electric" song I have ever mixed with drums and all; so, take it with a grain of salt :)

I'm kinda in the middle of mixing it (haven't done much with the drums and need to work on vox levels a bit), but I'm tired and was hoping for some feedback.

BTW- I like the song a lot Nicole :) Reminds me of Bad Religion. Also, I love the female vox: sounds like Melissa Etheridge.

I've listened to all the offerings so far and there is one thing they all have in common: a refreshing difference in perspective.
It's a good vehicle for a mix off as it has very strong elements that can have their nuances teased into new areas.
I think the most telling part is the intro - the choices made are quite diverse. I really wish I was having a go at this now but I'll remain one of your infinitely easily bought referee/adjudicator.

How long are you going to keep this one open, Nicole? It was half way down the page when I logged on.

I am itching to hear what the judges think of the different mixes. The way things go for me sometimes, I may end up getting shipped out before this thing ends and never find out who won.

How long are you going to keep this one open, Nicole? It was half way down the page when I logged on.

I am itching to hear what the judges think of the different mixes. The way things go for me sometimes, I may end up getting shipped out before this thing ends and never find out who won.

i just want to give everyone a chance to line things up properly if they are so inclined to have another try. NL5 was going to redo his if i remember correctly. i figure at least 2 more days.

hopefully you won't be shipped out by then. :)

i just want to give everyone a chance to line things up properly if they are so inclined to have another try. NL5 was going to redo his if i remember correctly. i figure at least 2 more days.

Everything I can cross is crossed... :eek:

I am thinking at least one more week, but no longer than that.

Can you enter more than once?

I don't want to put words in her mouth, but she is giving people a chance to get things lined up properly.

By the way, Nicole, you didn't tell me if I miffed that one up or not?:confused:

I'll give everything a listen tonight and PM my initial opinions to Nicole. For now gotta get the kids ready for bed. Be back soon....

I don't want to put words in her mouth, but she is giving people a chance to get things lined up properly.

By the way, Nicole, you didn't tell me if I miffed that one up or not?:confused:

a quick listen tells me that the drums are a bit early. by a few milliseconds or frames. it's hard to tell, but it's there.

OK, I updated mine too, to make it more stereo-y -- same link as in the original post, too. I also reclaimed the first hihat hit, backing out my artistic contribution :)

And I thought I was clever clogs downloading them all last night & now you're updating them!!!
But that's cool...I look forward to the trasmutations.
So far I've enjoyed the results and will have to listen really closely now.
COUPLA DAEZ!!

Back