Mix Contest 200 lashes

OK - my first one of these mix-offs, so here's some cannon-fodder for the other participants.

nice performance from the band!

antichef,
that ROCKS!
I know, it's a good song anyway: but your mix makes it jump.
I'd love to have a go at this but with the band width we have down here it'd take until Sunday next before I had it all downloaded.

rayc - I take all the compliments I can get :D But here, I think the band, the tracking, and the developers of the software I used are where the credit is due.

Will we get any details on the equipment and technique used for tracking? The drum micing technique is fairly evident from the names of the files, but it would be interesting (and helpful to a neophyte like me) to know more.

antichef,
that ROCKS!
I know, it's a good song anyway: but your mix makes it jump.
I'd love to have a go at this but with the band width we have down here it'd take until Sunday next before I had it all downloaded.

i'm sorry you can't download it ray. will you act as one of hte judges though?

rayc - I take all the compliments I can get :D But here, I think the band, the tracking, and the developers of the software I used are where the credit is due.

Will we get any details on the equipment and technique used for tracking? The drum micing technique is fairly evident from the names of the files, but it would be interesting (and helpful to a neophyte like me) to know more.

really nice mix. i like what you did for the guitars :)

the drums were done by bentrabbit on here so you'll have to ask him exactly what his technique was. the female vocals were recorded with a cad gxl2200 condenser, on a tascam dp 01fx. the male vox were recorded with another cad gxl2200 on a tascam 2488 MkI. the bass is a guild, with an swr working man 200 watt amp, mic'ed with the cad. the guitar is a les paul goddess played through a marshall 5150 solid state, using a boss Dr. Rhythm for the effects processor, mic'ed with an sm57.

File Factory's a PITA - won't let me download and I'm not paying for Premium. I'll try later to see if it's changed its mind.

the drums were done by bentrabbit on here so you'll have to ask him exactly what his technique was.

Wow, this was a while back... I'd have to go pull up my track sheets to say for certain, but off the top of my head:

Snare = SM57
Kick = AKG D112 front, (maybe an SM58 pointed towards the beater as well)
Overheads = MXL 604's - No rolloff
Hi Toms/Hats/Ride = Naiant MSH10's
All other toms = Sennheiser E604's

Recorded with a Roland VS2480/DVD and then sent to Nicole

This song has come a long way... Great job!

:)

PITA= pain in the ass...

I will have to download winrar in order to convert the files... :(

Maybe if one of the people who have an ftp or server could host it for you?

PITA= pain in the ass...

I will have to download winrar in order to convert the files... :(

Maybe if one of the people who have an ftp or server could host it for you?

the thing is you just need to scroll down to where it says "basic download" you don't have to be a member to use it at all.

winrar is free :)

I copied the rar to my server - I can post a link if you want.

I made a zip file, too, but it was over 100mb bigger :eek: - maybe I didn't get the compression setting right.

Back