Mandolin - alternative pop rock - mix feedback

Excellent work all around.

I thought the guitars were harsh in the part after the build. kinda strong in the 1k (?) region. It might just be the amp types, that rectified tone, but it sound like they are piled on top of each other and they lose articulation. That might be what you want, but it's not a tone I'm enamored with. They sit in the mix well, so no problem there.

Again, good job. Really enjoyed the listen.

ah ok. if it's just that rectifier tone, then i get that. it's certainly a high gain, presence-forward tone. I do tame in spots in the 1-2k region, but I think you're right here - I recall NOT doing as deep of cuts as I normally do. Only a db or so instead of the usual 3-4. That's quite possibly it, because really, I have presets set in Amplitube now called "heavy G L" and "heavy G R", and my first thing is panning those out hard L and R. Come EQ time, I do it from scratch, and it's not part of any user preset chain. So that's where the difference in this song compared to last comes from in terms of the heavy guitar sound.

thanks, that helped.

Actually, I gave it a 2nd, 3rd listen after making the comment and it seems to be just the right channel that I find a little harsh. Of course, my ears are old and shot these days. :rolleyes:

BTW: my 16 yr old likes the song, good job there. :thumbs up:

Actually, I gave it a 2nd, 3rd listen after making the comment and it seems to be just the right channel that I find a little harsh. Of course, my ears are old and shot these days. :rolleyes:

BTW: my 16 yr old likes the song, good job there. :thumbs up:

oooh, even more details. ok cool. possibly more presence/treble on the amp head on that one. they aren't identical, and I use different cabinets on each side too. thanks man, that helped a lot.

and that''s good to know. definitely going for a modern sound all around.

Well the song got my attention. One gripe, kick needs a bit more click and less low end. Good stuff

this kick sample had a lot of low mid and not much up top. it was mentioned previously, so i'll look at the top end of this one in the EQ and see if i can drag something up out of it. i do like it otherwise, so i'll check it out. thanks for listening/commenting.

Back