Might scrap this one...sounds too much like .....

blink 182?

Catchy punk song ;)
Mixwise the whole thing sounds kind of muddy and could use some more punch. Like some more "bite" on the guitar for example.

brandrum said:
give the man a cigar...yea I'm not liking the mix at all.....how do I give it more "bite"?

ill try to help you out when I get my cigar ;)

jk, do you use EQ at all?
Sounds like if you lowered the bass midrange 250-500hz some that'd help the muddy feel.
Maybe with the guitars too, but for the bite raise the guitar a bunch somewhere between 2kHz and 4kHz. Don't know exactly, but you can just scan around to see what sounds good.
Then I was thinking compressing the entire mix would help add punch.
Drums sound good to me.
Don't know.. just ideas that might help :)

Just listening. Cool tune. Very "popular tune" stuff.

Sounds a little muddy.

I would say raise the guitar volume to the current volume of the snare. And lower the volume to the current volume of the guitar.

Lower cymbals by 3db or so.

Bass sounds good.

EQ:

Maybe cut the bass and some other boomy instruments around 200Hz-250Hz.

EQ the guitar higher by 2-3db around 3kHz area.

Tune itself is just rockin'. :) I agree with SD, it's very punk rock. :) Which is good.

just noticing, the drums are all on the right channel? quite a weird feeling listening to it. and the drum fill around 1:10 isnt great but that doesnt help youre mixing. and listen to people who know what theyre talking about for EQ. i dont.... although the mix does seem muddy...

good work though. very dude ranch era blink indeed

Cool tune, but it is panned kind of odd...I hear drums on teh right, and guitar and bass on the left. Even those things out first, a bit more centered...especially the drums. Get them panned more center, then dink with the bass and guitar. Tones sound good. Not my favorite kind of stuff, but it's off to a good start.

Yea I don't know what the hell happened with this one. I promise the panning wasn't intentional....I had everything setup from the night before and I think one of the kids must have came and turned some knobs or something. :confused: ....but other than that I'm not really sure what the hell happened.

I don't know how many riffs I've made that sound like they're from a Blink song, it's ok.

I'd back off on the distortion a bit. You'd be surprised at how little gain you actually need. I'd experiment with that first. And record two tracks of rhythm guitar and pan them opposite each other, if you haven't already.

As far as the song goes, there's a part where the bass isn't playing and the guitar is doing the main riff, but it sounds awkward with the drums still going through it. It kind of sounds like the bassist screwed up and was waiting until the next chord sequence to come in. If you want to keep the drums there, then you might want to consider something a bit different. Maybe you could just play a little thing on each chord change or something. That's the only part of the song I didn't really like.

Overall, good job.

Back