Mic advice and questions

Sauronxtr

Hi guys I have got sound blaster sound card Its not bad but I want better than this I mean the mic. Using siberia v2 and If I buy a new headset will it be better ? I have a condenser mic but not usb just xlr and I can't use it on my sound card I know it but what should I do ? get a new headset or get a new sound card :P

Run, don't walk to the nearest music shop or eBay site and get rid of that Soundblaster rubbish ASAP. Today if possible. Even if you decide to get a new mic or headset.

I suppose I should edit to add that this assumes you care at least a little about quality. If all you want is to chat with friends while playing online games then maybe a slightly better headset might help--but if you want anything more than that, the Soundblaster card is a major problem as soon as you plug in any microphone.

+1

You can either get a headset with a 3.5mm output and accept that it'll be average quality, or get an audio interface with XLR inputs and aim for something a little higher in quality.
The choice just depends on what you want.

You can get go-between equipment to make your current gear work but I really wouldn't bother.

Back