mastering prices

Nicole_Rose

Great White North Girl
i'm planning an album of 11-12 songs, with about 50-60 minutes of music on it. can anyone give me a good ballpark figure on how much it would cost to get it mastered by someone decent?

That sounds fishy somehow...

They will also mix your song for $65
http://www.tunecore.com/store/product/40

I guess it must be getting pretty bad when the major studios are stooping that low to get business.

The ad reads like a late night commercial.

You usually don't want to hire a company to mix/master your work... you hire a person/engineer.

... It's sort of like the Home Depot - Cookie Cutter syndrome.
I'm sure the client would get a lot of personal attention.

Vlado the impaler not included.

Reviews on other majors who've tried this have been a crap shoot at best.

ive never used them before, so i cant comment on the quality for the mix/master. I am a tunecore user to distribute my songs on itunes/amazon/rhapsody/etc......and always noticed the ads for thier services...

seems really cheap, though it might be good to investigate

Hey, Igor, if your such a hotshot (contractual agreements my ass) why don't you spend your time trying giving your clients decent mixes? Why not offer free mixing services?

I've just about had it with the freakin' sheisters that are taking over this racket and the morons who believe them.

G.

i'm planning an album of 11-12 songs, with about 50-60 minutes of music on it. can anyone give me a good ballpark figure on how much it would cost to get it mastered by someone decent?

Hey Nicole, Welcome back. I asked Tom V at Mastering House to help with mine. He gave the project to his 2nd engineer and the price was extremely reasonable. I'm not going to quote for him, but you should give him a call.

We just had an album done by Alan Douches, if you don't know who he is, he has worked on TONS of records. One of the most popular mastering engineers for indie bands. The record was 63 minutes, 11 tracks. It came out to just under $1000.

Hi Nicole,
I don't know if you've already found someone to master your album... if not, I do basic mastering for $25 a track and stem mastering for $40 a track. Just giving you another option in your search.
-Scott

Back