WE THE PEOPLE HAVE NO CHOICE
WE THE PEOPLE HAVE NO VOICE
THEY LIE LIE LIE
THEN THEY CHANGE THE STORY

TRY TO BE YOURSELF
IT DOES NOT WORK..
COLORS FLY - YOU DIE

Last edited:
I really like this one. I'd tweak the lyrics, though. (Don't hate me - it's just that the lyrics the way they are remind me of lyrics of mine that I let through and wished later that I'd tightened up.)

We the people have this choice
We the people have this voice

This follows the logic of musicians knowing the score vs politicians as lying bastards.

And that's why I'd rewrite the whole last verse about 'try to be yourself' - you know how to do that, not me - it's your song. But make it follow the rest of the idea of we the people (esp. musicians) say it like it is, but they're c***s.

Do not let them near
Do not give them a beer

Your stuff is really varied. Keep doing that.

I really like this one. I'd tweak the lyrics, though. (Don't hate me - it's just that the lyrics the way they are remind me of lyrics of mine that I let through and wished later that I'd tightened up.)

We the people have this choice
We the people have this voice

This follows the logic of musicians knowing the score vs politicians as lying bastards.

And that's why I'd rewrite the whole last verse about 'try to be yourself' - you know how to do that, not me - it's your song. But make it follow the rest of the idea of we the people (esp. musicians) say it like it is, but they're c***s.

Do not let them near
Do not give them a beer

Your stuff is really varied. Keep doing that.
Hey thanks for the insight.
Makes good sense.
I obviously didn't spend much time on the logic, it was really a release of rage.
The only thing I thought was ok was using the word score as in musical score.
At one point I had a bunch of "clever" word salad shit about how musicians, knowing the score, have one over on us, and as such can jerk us around, at least once - hence why they suck.
Then I dropped all that and came up with this shit in like an hour.
Cranked the whole thing out yesterday morning then spent the day till midnight last night rethinking things, like the brute open and close - rude.

New mix - re-tracked the bass, still not happy. took out some lip smacks, let the end ring out, brought the piano out a bit more during the B sections.

This is a really good and I'm picky. it's right on the fence between cheesy and cool. Deserves better production (let me know if you want help with that) imo and needs an intro. I would lose the do not give them a beer lyric.

This is a really good and I'm picky. it's right on the fence between cheesy and cool.

I don't know if I'd've said cheesy and cool, but it is right on the fence, for sure. That's why his stuff works for me so often - that 'right on the fenceness' - I wonder if he aims at it, or whether he even knows it's happening. We'll have to ask him. ;-) You know, many people use the word 'quirky' when they talk about the stuff I do (you, for instance). But I don't aim for quirky, and it doesn't feel quirky when I do it - it's just the way the shit comes out. Maybe the same for Mr Manslick.

my dudes - I am happy to just get something posted.
Rarely do I have a "master plan" - typically song comes from holding a guitar and me agreeing that its not total shit.

Oh, this must the right place to post songs then Mr Asshole?
what an hypocrite. Telling someone else who post a song to fuck off, while he himself also posts songs on the forum.
Include in the lyrics that hypocrites also suck.

what a hypocrite. Telling someone else who post a song to fuck off, while he himself also posts songs on the forum.
bad day bro?

Last edited:
what an hypocrite. Telling someone else who post a song to fuck off, while he himself also posts songs on the forum.
That's easy for you to say.

I don't know if I'd've said cheesy and cool, but it is right on the fence, for sure. That's why his stuff works for me so often - that 'right on the fenceness' - I wonder if he aims at it, or whether he even knows it's happening. We'll have to ask him. ;-) You know, many people use the word 'quirky' when they talk about the stuff I do (you, for instance). But I don't aim for quirky, and it doesn't feel quirky when I do it - it's just the way the shit comes out. Maybe the same for Mr Manslick.
Not worried about being pc just being honest. “its a fine line between stupid and clever”

Last edited:
Back