Making Audio Technica AT2020 USB work with E-MU 1212m on Cubase

Laimon

Hi guys,

so I made a bit of a silly thing in very impulsively buying an AT2020 USB mic, without thinking that to work on USB it'd be driver dependent and wouldn't be recognized while using the E-MU drivers for my audio card, a E-MU 1212m. Now the thing is that I really like this mic, it has a very transparent sound, clear and balanced...but I can not use it while using my audio card! ...or can I? Do you know of a way?
I tried in the past using the asio4all drivers, and I found that the different devices were not working well in synch. Are there other alternatives?
Thanks!

+1.
The easiest way is to switch for the non-usb version.

Your microphone is technically an audio interface, amongst other things, and most recording programs don't like seeing two audio interfaces at once.

I have never messed with a USB mike, so I'm completely out of my league. Basically, you can choose one ASIO driver or the other to use in Cubase, correct? So you can either record to/from the card OR record from the mike. So, just as an off the wall suggestion, why not return (or sell) the USB mike and get the 2020 that's not usb (same mike, no usb, end of problems)? The AT 2020 is actually $30 less than the USB version.

---------- Update ----------

wow, while I was posting I got triple tapped on the same line of though! First time I've had that happen. I'm getting slow at typing.

Hi guys, sure, that's of course what I am trying to do. I was only asking whether I was missing some obvious solution here, other than that one. The shop I bought it from does not normally take returns, they say, but since it's so new and everything is in perfect order there should be no problems (fingers crossed)

Back