MacBook Air M1 for recording vocals with live-time plugins

Wawi

Hi, is this configuration good to record songs with some live-time plugins in Logic Pro? MacBook Air M1/16GB + Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3gen + Rode NT1 + Logic Pro Software. Is MacBook Air productive enough to process some live-time plugins for me to monitor them while recording? Thanks a lot
🙂

The computer is powerful enough the question is storage. With an external fast drive, I can't see any problems, but should be OK with just a single audio stream to add a few processing plugins. Whenever I am rcording things I cannot repeat-like multitrack live stuff, then cut the overhead to ensure reliability. With repeatable stuff, you just try things out - watch the processor and system meters and see how many you can add before you break it, then back off till it's reliable.

The computer is powerful enough the question is storage. With an external fast drive, I can't see any problems, but should be OK with just a single audio stream to add a few processing plugins. Whenever I am rcording things I cannot repeat-like multitrack live stuff, then cut the overhead to ensure reliability. With repeatable stuff, you just try things out - watch the processor and system meters and see how many you can add before you break it, then back off till it's reliable.
Thank you a lot, your answer helped me.

Back