Low mic voice problem

Guy-man

I have a sE Electronics x1s and a m-audio m-track mk II. I have been using my mic for a while but this day when im recording suddenly the voice got down real quick I thought that my cable broken and switched cables but nothing changed. the voice was very low to hear I had to pull up full volume to barely hear my voice. Any helps please I'm really fucked up. I'm using pc which has NVIDIA GeForce GT1030, Intel Core i5 9400F coffe lake, 8gb ram and a 250W power supply.
(Yes ı turned the phantom power on) PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

What we need is how you use it - and what application - the answer for audacity, garage band, cubase, abbleton etc are totally different - also - what kind of interface - you turned the phantim power on on which device? I had to smile - you tell us what the power supply is, and I bet few of us have a clue what power supply we have - I certainly have not a clue! It's helpful to also tell us what you have been doing since the last time it worked normally? Did you install anything, or add usb devices - that kind of thing.

Do you have any meters in the loop?
Input vs Output meters to help find if its the source coming in (bad cable or mic) our maybe a software setting gone bad and the output is muted?

SE X1s and the M-Track Mk2.... barring something electronic going out, the first two things I would check would be the 48v phantom power, and make sure that the input pot hasn't gotten some dirt inside. Has the input signal shown on the LEDs changed? That's an indication on whether the preamp is seeing a full signal or not. Have you tried both channels?

Check the phantom power across pin 1 and either pin 2 or 3. Its possible that you've lost voltage.

Any noise in the recording sounding like wind or static? Possibly a damp capsule? Are you using a pop filter (which may reduce breathe moisture getting into the mic)?

What we need is how you use it - and what application - the answer for audacity, garage band, cubase, abbleton etc are totally different - also - what kind of interface - you turned the phantim power on on which device? I had to smile - you tell us what the power supply is, and I bet few of us have a clue what power supply we have - I certainly have not a clue! It's helpful to also tell us what you have been doing since the last time it worked normally? Did you install anything, or add usb devices - that kind of thing.
I'm using it for my violin records and I'm using it on fl studio and i turned on phantom power on my audio interface nad i do not install anything or not added usb devices except for my midi usb cable and ş do not have a clude what my power supply is

Any noise in the recording sounding like wind or static? Possibly a damp capsule? Are you using a pop filter (which may reduce breathe moisture getting into the mic)?
sometimes when i turn audio gain all the way upp some wind voices come and i do not speak or talk in to the mic I always use it for recording violin

SE X1s and the M-Track Mk2.... barring something electronic going out, the first two things I would check would be the 48v phantom power, and make sure that the input pot hasn't gotten some dirt inside. Has the input signal shown on the LEDs changed? That's an indication on whether the preamp is seeing a full signal or not. Have you tried both channels?

Check the phantom power across pin 1 and either pin 2 or 3. Its possible that you've lost voltage.
no none of anything changed i tried both channels and how the hell i am going to check the pins?

It's still very unclear. Was it working, then suddenly stopped, or didn't work next time you powered up? Realistically, if it won't record, and in your first post suggested it suddently went down this could mean went down, as in broke completely and it went silent, or it went down in volume?

You are going to have to at least borrow another mic and another cable so you can substitute if you don't have the means to test the cable and the supply voltage. If you can borrow a condenser a straight swap will prove if its the mic. If the swap still produces no volume, then swap the cable. If no luck, then that leaves the interface. If you're sure you've pressed or adjusted nothing physically, then it's very unlikely to have fully, or half died. Does it still let you hear the music from computer out of the headphone socket?

with the mic plugged in, do the meters flicker when you speak? How about plugging in a guitar cable and twanging on that? Does that work? If none of the inputs make anything happen, then look at the computer - Does FL studio detect and show it is using the interface? Does it have some odd windows driver instead of the external device? It happens sometimes. You could always re-install the driver for the m-audio link here.

Plenty of things to go through systematically, one by one. Eliminate potential problems stage by stage - what's left will be the problem.

Firshttps://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=digital+multi+meter&adgrpid=52203230094&gclid=CjwKCAjwpKCDBhBPEiwAFgBzj_myZSlPQrNLZYRzWruMFIBBwPEEdEZlnVRP40w8ai6WfUDumD644RoCHioQAvD_BwE&hvadid=259060819852&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006959&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=3521987162441409263&hvtargid=kwd-296596617242&hydadcr=28154_1724864&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_8k58qolvj3_

Or similar. I don't know how anybody can function in the audio world of cables, batterys and spook juice without one!

Dave.

sometimes when i turn audio gain all the way upp some wind voices come and i do not speak or talk in to the mic I always use it for recording violin
Do you live where there is much humidity/dampness? Sometimes even where it is stored can be damp, but not obvious. A loss of signal from the mic might be moisture on the microphones capsule which can 'short out' the bias voltage on it and reduce the output and sometimes make noise. You could try placing the mic in a warm dry location for a day or two and see if it comes back. What I do when I have mic that's absorbed moisture is place it in a plastic ziplock bag with some desiccant packs which pulls any moisture out of the capsule as shown below. I have two mics that seem to attract moisture, so they usually get stored in a bag with desiccant packs.

Attachments

• damp mic.jpg
    damp mic.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 1
It's still very unclear. Was it working, then suddenly stopped, or didn't work next time you powered up? Realistically, if it won't record, and in your first post suggested it suddently went down this could mean went down, as in broke completely and it went silent, or it went down in volume?

You are going to have to at least borrow another mic and another cable so you can substitute if you don't have the means to test the cable and the supply voltage. If you can borrow a condenser a straight swap will prove if its the mic. If the swap still produces no volume, then swap the cable. If no luck, then that leaves the interface. If you're sure you've pressed or adjusted nothing physically, then it's very unlikely to have fully, or half died. Does it still let you hear the music from computer out of the headphone socket?

with the mic plugged in, do the meters flicker when you speak? How about plugging in a guitar cable and twanging on that? Does that work? If none of the inputs make anything happen, then look at the computer - Does FL studio detect and show it is using the interface? Does it have some odd windows driver instead of the external device? It happens sometimes. You could always re-install the driver for the m-audio link here.

Plenty of things to go through systematically, one by one. Eliminate potential problems stage by stage - what's left will be the problem.
Went down in volume and i can hear the voices from pc very loud and clear and the meter didnt do anything when i speak and i testes the inputs with my synth and the inputs on interface is working well FL studio detects my interface and records very well with my synth

Do you live where there is much humidity/dampness? Sometimes even where it is stored can be damp, but not obvious. A loss of signal from the mic might be moisture on the microphones capsule which can 'short out' the bias voltage on it and reduce the output and sometimes make noise. You could try placing the mic in a warm dry location for a day or two and see if it comes back. What I do when I have mic that's absorbed moisture is place it in a plastic ziplock bag with some desiccant packs which pulls any moisture out of the capsule as shown below. I have two mics that seem to attract moisture, so they usually get stored in a bag with desiccant packs.
I live in istanbul which haves low humidity I guess and I will try the method that you recommended

Back