Looking for inexspensive gear???? ***not spam!!!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder33

I came across www.pulsartech.net a couple of weeks ago. As a few of you know, I ordered almost one of everything they had. Go check it out. I got my stuff last week and this is what went down.

Mic cables-They are very good quality and all of them work great. No crackle, no noise.

RCA-1/4" snakes-Same deal, good stuff, no noise

XLR-XLR-snake-this thing is incredible. For the price, I don't know how they make it without it being crap

Nearfield passive monitors-WOW! $70 for the pair and they are incredibly clear. The one drawback was that it came with a damaged tweeter. I sent them an e-mail late last night and today I got two responses advising me that they sent me a new tweeter and it will be here in a few days. Their customer service is impecable.

Again, just go check it out. The prices are just damned low. I don't work for them, I promise. I just want to pass on a great deal to my comrads here. If any problems arise with any of my stuff, I will post back and advise, but as of right now, I highly recommend checking them out.

I've bought from them before. Just mic cables though. Their prices are pretty good but I would recommend that you inspect each cable connctor before using them.

Disassemble the housing and look at the solder connections. I found that on at least a couple connectors, the insulation on one or more of the wires was stripped back too far and after a little use, the wire can lay down and short across to other connections inside the cover. I'm not sayin' that their stuff is crap but cheap prices mean one or both of the following...cheap materials or cheap labor.

The cables were easily fixed and have served me well since the repairs.

For Europeans in this forums check out www.thomann.de They're price are just amazing as far as im concerned (apart from behringer gear). I bought a bunch of stuff for my pa including stage monitors and they shipped it all to scotland(from Germany)for only 10euros(£7)the monitors were £75 each, 16/4 30m multicore/stage box was £85. All brilliant gear. Check them out. I had a slight problem with one of the stage monitors and they arranged for the carriers to pick it back up and take it back to them, and sent out a new wedge, free of charge. Brilliant. "I don't work for them, I promise."

$70 for good monitors?? That goes against everything ive been told. Are they really that good?

mx_mx said:
$70 for good monitors?? That goes against everything ive been told. Are they really that good?

I would doubt that they're THAT good, what ever THAT is. The drivers and cabinet look cheap made from the picture. You never know though.

TravisinFlorida said:
I would doubt that they're THAT good, what ever THAT is. The drivers and cabinet look cheap made from the picture. You never know though.

Not trying to start anything T, I'd consider most of your posts highly enlightening. However, I do have to ask. By what are you basing your statement on? I ask this, because saying the speakers "looks cheap made" by looking at an overall picture on the internet (no close-ups, etc) Is like saying that the cheesburger on the McDonald's website didn't taste good. Symantics ftw!

I would really like to hear what Thunder has to say about them. For 70 bucks, they'd make a great, inexpensive alternate pair though.

Well, for $70, don't expect to get top of the line components. I will say this though, they are sturdy as hell. The speakers are okay quality but for the price, I could put new ones in it and still be happy because the boxes are well built. I am running them off of a 200 watt amp and they sound great. Everything seems to come through very well. No muddiness. Not too much in the high and low and but you can hear the kick drum and bass without a sub.

As far as the connections. I checked that out first thing. They use an odd screw on type plug cover on the XLR stuff. It seems like it would not work worth a damn but they really work very well. I checked random soldiering points and they all seemed to be good quality work. Again, if I have any problems at all, you all will be the first to know. Well, second. I will e-mail the company again first and give them a chance to redeem themselves.

I couldnt find anything about shipping on their website. Does anyone know if they ship to Australia?

Creamyapples1 said:
Not trying to start anything T, I'd consider most of your posts highly enlightening. However, I do have to ask. By what are you basing your statement on? I ask this, because saying the speakers "looks cheap made" by looking at an overall picture on the internet (no close-ups, etc) Is like saying that the cheesburger on the McDonald's website didn't taste good. Symantics ftw!

I would really like to hear what Thunder has to say about them. For 70 bucks, they'd make a great, inexpensive alternate pair though.

When I said the speakers look cheap made, that's exactly what I meant. I've seen expensive speakers and cheap speakers and from my own personal experiences, my eyes gather that they look cheap made. Your eyes might say otherwise. Did you look at the zoomed views of these? Here:

http://static.zoovy.com/img/pulsartech/W125-H180-B000000/speakers/pm1.jpg

and

http://static.zoovy.com/img/pulsartech/W150-H180-B000000/speakers/pm1back.jpg

They might be the shiznit as far as the sound goes. I did'nt say they were'nt but I do have my doubts.

Some things that hint to me that they're cheap made are the overall appearance of the drivers including the shiny dust cap, the phillips head screws used to mount the drivers/tweeters/terminal plate, the uneven finish on the tweeter housing and back of the cabinet, and the visible seams on the cabinet at the joints.

I'll admit, I'm a big o' cheap gear whore but I personally would'nt spend my money on them unless someone in the audio world that I highly respected recommended them.

BTW creamyapples, this is just my personal opinion, you're free to form your own. I don't know anything about Thunder33 or his personal experiences with audio gear and I don't blindly take advice on gear purchases from someone that I know nothing about.

LOL. Most of what you just said is meaningless to this. No offense. But the "uneven finish" you speak of is a lighting glare. And the visible seems are the tolex-like material that covers them. Again, I have said several times, this is not stuff you will find in pro studios. But for folks who are on a tight budget, they are going to give you a hell of a lot better mix than headphones. I took a $70 chance and so far, I am happy.

Thunder33 said:
LOL. Most of what you just said is meaningless to this. No offense. But the "uneven finish" you speak of is a lighting glare. And the visible seems are the tolex-like material that covers them. Again, I have said several times, this is not stuff you will find in pro studios. But for folks who are on a tight budget, they are going to give you a hell of a lot better mix than headphones. I took a $70 chance and so far, I am happy.

I stated my opinion. If you don't like my opinion then eat shit. As defensive as you've just shown yourself to be about these cheapo speakers, I suspect that you're affiliated with pulsartech some how.

Not once in this thread have you said, and i quote, "this is not stuff you will find in pro studios. But for folks who are on a tight budget, they are going to give you a hell of a lot better mix than headphones."

Hey, don't let my opinion squash your dreams of owning a $70 dollar pair of "studio monitors".

Last edited:
TravisinFlorida said:
I stated my opinion. If you don't like my opinion then eat shit. As defensive you've just shown yourself to be about these cheapo speakers, I suspect that you're affiliated with pulsartech some how.

Not once in this thread have you said, and i quote, "this is not stuff you will find in pro studios. But for folks who are on a tight budget, they are going to give you a hell of a lot better mix than headphones."

Hey, don't let my opinion squash your dreams of owning a $70 dollar pair of "studio monitors".

Okay, go ahead and be a cheese dick. I was not defensive at all. I laughed. I gave you good rep. But you want to be a fucking moron so I don't give a shit! I have nothing to do with Pulsar. I am simply trying to help out low budget folks like myself. You obviously have all the money in the world to spend or maybe you just like to run your mouth since this is the internet and you can. Either way, nice way to ruin a good thread. Go be an asshole somewhere else!

I just caught you, you fucking dirty SPAMMER!!!!!

Not even 10 minutes after all this shit and the closeup pictures are replaced with some teeny little pictures. Go sell your flea market bullshit some where else SpamBoy!

I caught a spammer, I caught a spammer. Sneaky little spammer. You see this shit CreamyApples? You in on this too? Bahhhh, I tell you what. If I saw your ass on the street I'd put a flea market karaoke mic straight up your ass buddy.

I think I'm gonna change my name to Fucking Home Recording Detective.

what the hell are you talking about? Yeah, I join the site and lay in waiting for 4 years so I can unleash my plan to sell really cheap stuff. This is the only thread where I talked about this site and anyone who knows me on here knows that I just happened to find it. You are truly a moron. Get a fucking life, really.

And if you saw me on the street, your chump ass would turn and run because I am sure you are just like every other big talker on the net....a big pussy!!!!!

Oh really? Double busted spamboy! The pictures just got switched again, 5 minutes later!

I'm not making this shit up. You dumb son of a flea marker owner. You really are pretty stupid. You know that right?

Much too sloppy to get by me, Fucking Home Recording Detective.

TravisinFlorida said:
Oh really? Double busted spamboy! The pictures just got switched again, 5 minutes later!

I'm not making this shit up. You dumb son of a flea marker owner. You really are pretty stupid. You know that right?

Much too sloppy to get by me, Fucking Home Recording Detective.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back