Looking for inexspensive gear???? ***not spam!!!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
pandamonk said:
As far as i know thunder has absolutely nothing to do with that company and is just trying to help out the little guys, by giving them an affordable solution. Something i find myself doing over and over. Ok monitors aren't something you should be trying to save your money on. But if you have absolutely so way of saving the money for the more expensive monitors, or if you are just starting out and don't know a thing about recording, or if you're gonna even enjoy it, then these are a solution you may wish to look into. They would certainly be better than $70 headphones. I've just suggested a pair of £60 active monitors to my friend. They are definitely not the best monitors and only have 3" woofers, but all he will be using them for is vocals and guitar, so he doesn't need the best of the best, with the deepest bass and flatest frequency response. TravisinFlorida, what is your problem? You think you're some kind of big shot in homerecording.com, Ok you've been here for longer than i have and have posted and received a lot more rep than i have, but haven't you noticed that thunder has been here longer, posted less, but received A LOT more rep than yourself? He certainly helps out a bunch when you need it. You, on the other hand, are just looking for spammers! Homerecording detective? I don't think so. You've gotta be the worst detective there is!! Ok, we all know there are a bunch of spammers on here, but most of them just come on for a couple of days, spam like fuck then piss off. The rest of us come on for a bit of fun, to help and be helped when it comes to recording. Now, just lay off thunder. Ok, good day to you Travis.

Who do I think I am? Let's see.........I'm a guy that plays guitar and on occasion, records some tunes at home. Nope, no big shot here. Never claimed to be. I come here both to receive and give advice, when I'm able, on anything to do with recording. That includes gear advice. I don't want to get any bad advice and I don't like seeing fellow members get bad advice either. So I spoke up when I saw the picture swapping this morning. I admit that I got a little rediculous with the whole FHRD thing, but I suppose that it was just my way of lightening up a bad situation. In case anyone did'nt read all the posts in this thread and the "ev mics" thread, go check it out. I've had at least a few people ask me if I am FHRD. Well, if you read the posts you'll know the answer.

Reality check: Rep points don't mean anything. Some very friendly and knoledgable members have all negative rep. Some guys that don't know a preamp from a compressor have a rep bar that looks like a string of green christmas lights. It's a game for alot of people. Don't waste your time giving me any rep points, positive or negative. It's pointless. If you have something you'd like to communicate to me, send me a message or reply to one of my posts.

As far as cheap gear goes, I tend to buy more than my share. I too have used ultra cheapo monitors. I had a little set of those Edirols that I got pretty much for free in a recording package. If you'll check back thru my posts in other threads, I actually told someone that those cheapy edirols translated my recordings ok for what they were. I did'nt respond to this thread to bust someone's chops about using cheap gear. I stated the obvious. I said the monitors look "cheap made". If you have a look at them, I think you'll agree. Saying something looks cheap made is'nt an attempt to slander someone's reputation.

I will say that I'm glad that things went down as they did. Otherwise, I would'nt have ran smack into the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back