Looking for a vocal (anyone?)

onestu3

I need a vocal on this song, everything I try is just off. After the vocal is in place I will go back and add some acoustic fills. I would really like to know everyones opinion on the mix also. thanks.

p.s. the song is called "Caroline" but obviously you don't have to write about a girl named Caroline. It's just a name. I don't really know anybody named Caroline but it sounds good.

http://www.soundclick.com/stuandrews

good mix...agreed about the drums

lemme know if you want dodgy british 80's vocals..thats about all I can manage ;)

Nice recording, but it sounds the same all the way through, like one long verse. It would be fun to write a vocal track for this, but it needs some type of change of pace for the chorus, and maybe a bridge somewhere.

onestu3, if you don't mind, I'll give it a shot.

It really does kindof sound like one verse all the way through, but I'm gonna try to make something out of it because I really love the groove!

Okay, I fooled around with this a little. Had a terrible time with it, also. Can't really put a chorus or anything in it at all, so I just basically made a melody, and threw some words in it.

If the song had a recognizable verse/chorus/verse/bridge/chorus kind of setup, I could've done alot more with it. But, I had fun.

Also, I tried my hand at some kind of little lead part. I'm definitely not a lead player, but I thought it'd be fun to try my hand at it. Hope that's okay.

Here's my effort

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1021880

Yes! Yes! Yes! God I love the melody. This is great. Thanks for taking a stab at it. I think that people on this forum should do this more often. I think I will take you guys' advice and make some songs without lyrics that are more defined in the songwriting area, but I have to say that it gave me chills to hear my music and someone else's work with it. Music really is the reason we are all here and coming together and bridging the gap between us jeffchastian, is one of the cooler things I have done in my life. Thank you for this. Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
I'm glad you dig it, man. I really dig the music, I just wish it had some definition between verse/chorus.

I've listened back to it a few times today, and I think I'll probably revisit it, and actually take a crack at adding some more serious lyrics, and actually fill the song up. (and take out that crappy lead guitar part I added. haha)

If my lead guitar player comes over tonight I might give it a shot. I was singing along with it and borrowing a few of Jeff's lyrics. I think I can make a chorus out of this regardless. Jeff's vocals is what gave me ideas on a direction. I liked them.

I'm glad you liked the vocals, and that you've found a little inspiration in them, Tainted.

I think I'll probably give them another shot in a bit. Not gonna try to make a chorus or anything, just gonna try to make the lyrics a bit more coherent.

onestu3, would you mind if I put the song on my myspace profile? I'll give you the credit for the music, of course.

Would love to hear it Jeff. I am not going to get a shot tonight. I have a mix session planned tomorrow night and if it goes well I might be able to fit in my attempt. My setup does not allow me to track by myself :(

jeff, go for it. Please include me on the credits and if you want, you can send me the vocal, and any other tid-bits and I will put them together with the master so we dont have too much quality lost in the mp3 process but that is up to you. My email is onestu3@yahoo.com oh, and you can just call me Stu if you want. Dont know if you caught that or not. Thanks for the fun guys.

Hey, I have not had a chance to hear this, but how do you feel about a female trying it? Like I said, I haven't heard it, so I'm not sure how it would go down, depending on the style. I think I have all my links below, but I'm not sure.

My myspace, is www.myspace.com/kirstinfrosheiser

You might get an idea if I can do this. But, I DON'T want to step on anyone's toes here! So, if you're happy with where you are, forget about my intent, and you guys have a fantastic day!

I love to sing on other people's songs especially since I'm not really writing anything anymore...I try, but I can only come up with piano/melody, no lyrics. I just don't feel lyrics, lol.

Anyway, I will check back to see if you're game or if you are not wanting to hear something different.
Thanks!
Kirstin

Back