Live Wire & "Cancerous chemicals"

Blackthoven

Hey guys,

I just received some equipment that I ordered from musician's friend, and I was just reading the manuals and whatnot that came with all the products, and I noticed a fine-print warning on the Live Wire microphone cables (XLR) I bought saying: "This product may contain a chemical(s) known the the state of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm."

Why the hell would they do that, that's so disappointing. I'm sure it saved them a little bit of money, but at what cost?

Anyway, I was just wondering if that is typical of microphone cables? I'm not overly concerned or anything, but it kinda killed some of my excitement!

I don't know if I should just return them and get other cables, or what... I don't feel like I should support a company that is using harmful chemicals in their products. I've gotta think about my own health, and my kittens!

That being said, maybe just having them out wont be harmful at all, and I certainly wont be eating them any time soon.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks!

Haha, thanks for the reply.

They seem like they could be pretty tasty; that might be a hard impulse to resist. I suppose it's nothing to worry about, I searched the web and found nothing... I'm still not completely comforted by the idea, but what can ya' do!?

I'm off to record, I'll let you guys know if I spontaneously develop cancer.

Well the first thing is "The State of California" Not belittling my musician friends from there, but unfortunately there are a few wingnuts that have made that state ridiculous about this kind of thing. Basically, everything manufactured uses some sort of chemical or constituent and basically everything is dangerous if misused or ingested in large amounts. Don't worry about it, go make some music!

Everything kills us. It's a wonder the do gooders have not got labels on everything on earth. The warnings are to stop moron behaviour.

If means if you chew on the cable or have cable spaghetti with your meat balls you could get cancer if the moon is full and the wind is blowing from the South.

Alan.

This is good news,

Thanks guys! I feel much more re-assured than yesterday. In fact, I kind of want to take a break from thinking about doing my homework, and make some music!

Be well.

Back