Line6 at the NAMM Show.

maestro_dmc

Uses Paramedic EQ
I was at the NAMM Show last week and saw some cool new stuff, in particular, this pretty cool mixer from Line6:

The mixer has autosensing inputs on XLR/TRS combo jacks that auto-trim as well. The mixer shows a stage plot with drag and drop icons representing whatever you choose. Tons of DSP power inside, but the interface only goes as deep as you want to take it, with an eq/compression page that is a square "pad" with words in the four corners such as bright, dark, punch, deep. Under the hood, press a button for the techies and you are adjusting compression attack release, ratios thresholds etc, a long with full parametric touch screen eq (with real time spectral data windowed right behind the control surface on screen. Cool!)

Line 6 is making a serious play at the live sound market. Line6 new line of live sound products including the Stagescape M20d Mixer, and two multifunction loudspeaker cabinets all connectible by one 8 channel (modified aes ebu I'm told) digital XLR cable.

There's much more it can do, including full recall of scenes, multitrack recording, analog or digital output to the stage system, etc.

Oh, and the BIG one, Ipad remote control. No snake to the FOH, set the board up on stage and walk out front with the Ipad to mix (or anywhere on stage to mix monitors if you need)

Here's a link:
Overview | StageScape M20d | Line 6

Check out this live video I shot of the demo!:Line6 Stagescape M20d live demo part 1 NAMM 2012

Of, course, it's a brand new computer based mixing system, and it remains to be seen what kind of bugs there will be to work out with it.

Which cable? The L6 link uses AES/EBU, but from the website:

"Standard XLR mic cables are sufficient for L6 LINK if the distance between any two speakers is 25 feet or less. For longer distances (up to 100 feet), 110-ohm AES/EBU cables are recommended."

Back