TASCAM PortaStudio 244 wFootswitch & Manuals, EXCELLENT

TASCAM PortaStudio 244 with Punch-in Footswitch and Manuals
- Excellent Condition
- $330 delivered (NOT, see new price in post below)

portastudio244pics.jpg

Makes surprisingly good 4-track (and bounced 6-track) recordings.
Unit is in excellent condition and operates like new.

- Analog cassette transport with four-channel mixer, 3-3/4 IPS, good headroom
- dbx noise reduction on all 4 tracks
- Two-band EQ with two sweepable mids, on all 4 mixer channels
- Has a Channel Insert on each of the 4 mixer channels: insert a compressor, delay, etc
- Direct Line OUT for each of the 4 tape tracks
- Pre/Post Aux Send
- Original Owner's Manual and Schematic Diagram, in excellent condition
- Original punch-in/out remote foot pedal, like-new condition

I'm the original owner, having purchased this unit in the 1980s. I barely used it, so the heads and tape transport have extremely low mileage. I recorded just 6 demo tunes and was a scrupulous "cleaner and demagnetizer". The machine was treated very gently in my home studio and experienced no accidents of any kind. It has been stored in a cool, dry basement for most of its life, and had its rubber components replaced several years ago.

Search online for a used Portastudio 244:
Nothing but JUNKERS being sold for parts.
My price is $330 delivered (NOT, see new price in post below)

Will consider TRADE toward a good used ALVAREZ MD350 acoustic guitar.

If you want to ship this outside the US, PM me.

USE THIS MACHINE TO MAKE MONEY

I'm an active, serious songwriter, so I can't take advantage of this plan, but YOU CAN:
Lots of folks made great recordings on their own PortStudio 244 or 246 machines back in the day. Unfortunately, their machines stopped working and got dumped, so they're left with the cassette tapes and no way to pull the music out of them.

YOU can quickly and easily transfer your customer's 4 tracks of analog material to new digital .WAV files. Your customer can drop those .WAV files into any DAW and manipulate the music using all the capabilities of a modern DAW.

For an extra $10 I'll include a set of 4 new cables for simultaneously transferring 4 analog tape tracks to 4 new digital .WAV files. Cables are by HOSA and in new condition: 6 feet in length, RCA to 1/4".

244-to-daw.gif

Last edited:
PRICE DROP and Cables are Included

PRICE DROP to $300 DELIVERED in USA,
and HOSA cables are included.

Insured Ground delivery within the Continental US.

If you want it delivered to Canada or elsewhere, PM me and we'll try to work something out.

Back