let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
I'm in the process of getting my first out-building studio. The "shed" is ordered, I'll do the electric, insulation, flooring, walls and ceiling when it's here, build a deck on the front, then it's time to start building in the studio console and layout. So many decisions, so much gear, so many wires to hide!

IMG_0121.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 2.55.57 PM.png

Just some new gear.
Nice!
8 channels of 1073 is a beautiful score!
I have 4 channels of 1073 clones and I really like even the clones on everything.
8 channels would be really nice.

I assume the other stuff in the rack was pre existing? or.... hmmm?

I’ve been reading and learning a lot over here. And now I can finally share my basement-studio. It’s not purely a studio it’s atleast as important for me to go there and practice instrument, write songs,... without having to move or plug in different things. My camera is not very good, in real life the lights are more yellow-ish and the overall feel is cosier. But it kind of paints the picture

All this is still and on-going project. My next to do’s are:
  • Check where I need diffusers or more absorbing material in the big room for better sound
  • Buy a new desk and hang those 2 grey acoustic panels that are on the floor now, depending on where my monitors point at.
  • Invest in better recording equipment (thinking about getting a separate EQ/compressor unit and a console. Slowly getting annoyed by having to move faders with my mouse)
Video

Put your video some place like youtube where people don't have to download it. Video was 'still processing' when I tried your link.

I’ve been reading and learning a lot over here. And now I can finally share my basement-studio. It’s not purely a studio it’s atleast as important for me to go there and practice instrument, write songs,... without having to move or plug in different things. My camera is not very good, in real life the lights are more yellow-ish and the overall feel is cosier. But it kind of paints the picture

All this is still and on-going project. My next to do’s are:
  • Check where I need diffusers or more absorbing material in the big room for better sound
  • Buy a new desk and hang those 2 grey acoustic panels that are on the floor now, depending on where my monitors point at.
  • Invest in better recording equipment (thinking about getting a separate EQ/compressor unit and a console. Slowly getting annoyed by having to move faders with my mouse)
Video
Nice sized space
You have NO idea… here’s how it turned out so far!
View attachment 121364
Awesome setup, lots of flashing lights and VU meters. That’s some mixing desk!

You think yours is small, mine also has to double as an home office since covid too.

Attachments

• AFD2ACE4-BC3D-45D8-A458-0DABE6CD5A3E.jpeg
    AFD2ACE4-BC3D-45D8-A458-0DABE6CD5A3E.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 44
Love the vintage mac and early gear collection there! My first mac was an SE, I also had a Quadra 800, which was one of my favorite towers ever! :)
Haha 😆 yes there’s 4 vintage macs in there. It’s my SE/30 that i’m setting up as my studio/DAW. Combine my hobby of old macs with making music is something i’ve always wanted to get into so since the kids moving out it seemed the right time. 2 of the macs are disconnected at the moment to give my home studio the space needed.

Sounds like you’ve had some great macs SE & Quadra! :)

Haha 😆 yes there’s 4 vintage macs in there. It’s my SE/30 that i’m setting up as my studio/DAW. Combine my hobby of old macs with making music is something i’ve always wanted to get into so since the kids moving out it seemed the right time. 2 of the macs are disconnected at the moment to give my home studio the space needed.

Sounds like you’ve had some great macs SE & Quadra! :)
I still have the original bondi blue iMac that I preordered at Javits Center in NYC in 1995 when I went to MacWorld Expo!

I still have the original bondi blue iMac that I preordered at Javits Center in NYC in 1995 when I went to MacWorld Expo!
No way! Great mac. I use the revb one in the picture which i think it’s 2000 poss 2001. If i can’t get the old SE/30 fully working as a daw/midi i will change over and use that instead as i know that one would work just fine.

Some people like to see lots of knobs, dials and sliders and things, so I posed this picture - picked up a new mixer for live use (Yamaha MG12), and set it up and my old Mackie (since sold)

Attachments

• studio 2022.jpg
    studio 2022.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 32
Back