let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Or against the walls. Nothing wrong with building simple panels and leaning them on. What I think most don't understand is that every corner, every surface, whether corner of ceiling/wall/corner is an ideal spot to place treatment. ALL and ANY of it will make a difference.

That being said, just do whatever you can without pissing off the wife.

Stash the panels when guests come. Or make them pretty. :D

Glad you finally got past the 'I can do it with headphones' stage! Not that your mixes were bad that way, but this will open up a whole new world for you. But don't put off acoustic treatment. Get your wife to pick out a nice patterned/color cloth to cover them, make them yourself. Don't resist the 'treatment advise' too!

Glad you finally got past the 'I can do it with headphones' stage! Not that your mixes were bad that way, but this will open up a whole new world for you. But don't put off acoustic treatment. Get your wife to pick out a nice patterned/color cloth to cover them, make them yourself. Don't resist the 'treatment advise' too!

thanks Mike. Looking forward to the challenge of getting used to these that's surely ahead.

thanks Mike. Looking forward to the challenge of getting used to these that's surely ahead.

It not a challenge man. You will likely quickly find a version to ever using headphones.

I will now place a $50 bet that once you get decent room treatment in there, you will realize the difference in a huge way.

Even if you lose the bet and somehow become aurally stupid? I'll still likely just send you $50 to make a point if you use it for room treatment. :)

And trust me/ask members. I will send you the money if I lose. :)

And trust me/ask members. I will send you the money if I lose. :)

I'll bet you 50 bucks bucks that you won't send me 50 bucks. :D
If you actually sent it, I would have lost the bet and would have to send it right back.
If you didn't send it, you would have lost and then been obligated to pay up and send it.
In this case I'd have to send it back anyway, because once again I'd lose because you did in fact send me 50 bucks

Now if I was to bet you 100 bucks that you wouldn't send me a 50 then I'd make some money.
Lol :D

Ps. This is a joke.
:D

i'll bet you 50 bucks bucks that you won't send me 50 bucks. :d
if you actually sent it, i would have lost the bet and would have to send it right back.
If you didn't send it, you would have lost and then been obligated to pay up and send it.
In this case i'd have to send it back anyway, because once again i'd lose because you did in fact send me 50 bucks

now if i was to bet you 100 bucks that you wouldn't send me a 50 then i'd make some money.
Lol :d

ps. This is a joke.
:d

lol! :)

But then again. If I bet you a hundred bucks that you wouldnt send me a 50, and you sent it.....Once again, I'd lose the bet and be obligated to pay out a hundred bucks to you.

So I would have lost 50 bucks.

Damn! This is just working out to be a losing proposition for me. :D

Good thing I don't gamble.

Nice setup. I take it you’ll never part with your equipment at this point, yeah? I just sold all my rack gear and got pretty much nothing from them because nobody buys them anymore.

So true! If I was starting from scratch, I would not buy majority of the gear I have now, but I am not going to part with it because of the value I would lose. My work flow fits my gear, so I am happy with what I have.

Now that’s a nice home studio if I’ve ever seen one. That would have been a dream for me 8 years ago, but I’ve since adopted a minimalist philosophy. Less gear for me. All in the box.

Desk is custom made. Not for me though. I bought it from a studio changing their set-up. It had a Digi 24 in it so I rebuilt the center section for my Artist controls. There's also two 14 space racks under it for the rest of the rack gear.

The Six-Pack has a Retro Doublewide, a Grace 502, a Little Labs VOG, an IGS Alter 500, and a Radial Comp.

Back