let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Nice space, and welcome back from a long time off ( i read your other post )

Care to go into your current setup/equip lineup?

Very cool. I'd like to see more.

I also have some questions about the Ghost. Automation? DAW control?

I'm wanting a console but don't know what to get, so I'm just waiting.

The Ghost has mute automation built in (pretty crude given today's DAW control) and I do use it to control Alesis HD24. I'm old school and really like pushing faders and turning real pots. I will say it is surprisingly quiet and I have no issue interfacing samplitude and pro tools DAWs via light pipe back through the HD24 converters. Works seamlessly.

All that being said, if I had the money I would seriously look at the SSL Matrix. That board is a line level mixer that is both fully analog & a DAW control surface. - sweet.

Sure, i'll embarrass myself...why not

Aside from the two guitars not shown, this is it. Use amp sims and SD2 anyway.

room1.jpgroom3.jpg

the sounds I get out of it are in my sig-link. Also, I move the mic when recording. It faces out into the room with a blanket in front of it and the closet behind it.

Hey man, no worries
You're getting some good tunes out of that tiny compact studio. :thumbs up:

ha, i try. thank you for choosing two nice and better-sounding words to describe it. I'm aiming for something Miro posted way back when; his studio setup. It'll take me about 10 years to get it with school and whatnot, but it'll happen.

Here's where I do most of my work. Small upstairs bedroom, right hand monitor jammed into a corner. Hardly ideal. There is a large living room downstairs where I can record as well, but it's a fairly big job moving things so I'll usually only set up down there when my wife is out of town for a few days.

For recording guitars, I put the amp in the next room or in the living room below and run cables under the door.

20160120_1307231.jpg

20160120_1307491.jpg

you have more guitars now than i've owned in my life. i think i'm on my 3rd. not counting the acoustic i've had for all 23 years i've been playing....

That's the whole herd right there: Two acoustics, two basses (Jazz and P), four electric guitars (Strat, Tele, LP, SG). That's it, and I have no guitar GAS whatsoever. Amps are a different matter... Been GASsing for Fender '68 Reissue Princeton, but we remodeled last summer and are rebuilding our savings, so no new amps are in my near future.

Here's where I do most of my work. Small upstairs bedroom, right hand monitor jammed into a corner. Hardly ideal. There is a large living room downstairs where I can record as well, but it's a fairly big job moving things so I'll usually only set up down there when my wife is out of town for a few days.

For recording guitars, I put the amp in the next room or in the living room below and run cables under the door.

View attachment 95850

View attachment 95851

Why don't you move the shelf/rack with all the gear over to the right side, so you can slide the desk over a few feet and get the right monitor out of the corner? You've got to be getting a completely unbalanced sound that way. (BTW, I had the same problem with my previous set up.)

View attachment 95850

View attachment 95851

Nice! Where do you live? Im in Des Plaines. I feel like we had this conversation a few years ago possibly.

Why don't you move the shelf/rack with all the gear over to the right side, so you can slide the desk over a few feet and get the right monitor out of the corner? You've got to be getting a completely unbalanced sound that way. (BTW, I had the same problem with my previous set up.)

+1. I see that the desk is L shaped, which seems to force you to put baby in the corner. Don't do that.

picture-2.png

Looks good! Wish I had a bigger room like that. Nice pedal board too! And love the desk!

I don't see any acoustic treatment though(?)

Back