let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
jake-owa said:
Nice, where's a link to some of your Radar recordings man...I'm interested.

I've got some stuff up on Nowhere under TexRoadkill. It's an acoustic blues album I'm recording for a friend. I'll PM you about the cables.

jake-owa said:
The SPD6 pad pictured actually has two pedal inputs for kick and hat. I have a real highhat so I just use the kick one. The only drawback to this setup is that my kick has no dynamic response so I have to tune it carefully to each song.

The module I use is the Yamaha MU50 and the combination of sounds works great! Just listen to my new guitar sample mp3s on nowhere (www button) or a recent song of mine...most can't tell they're not drums. Plus it's way more fun than tapping a machine or keyboard.

no velocity response on the kick pedal? Is it the SPD6 or the pedal that doesn't do the job? Anyway, thanks for the info.

Al

jumpingflash said:
Here's my homestudio...

Still working on it but in one week i hope to finish it and start playing again ! :D

hey, jumpingflash

how do you like having those Tannoys laying flat? I know my Tannoys avtives aren't supposed to be placed flat (according to the manual), but I never had the room to try it.

good looking desk

Al

A1A2 : i tried both positions and as I am sitting at the height of the woofer from MY position they sound better flat, otherwise i loose a bit of highs... But i plan to use them upright for serious mixes, as they are supposed to stand.... :D

KEILSON : that's a SOUNDTRACS MRX 24-16-8-2, a wonderfully sounding console, with a very british EQ... :D

EHm... it depends on WHAT Soundcraft and WHAT Soundtracs...

Just to explain the quality it is a common idea that the Soundtracs Topaz 24 (or Project 8), that is in the same market as the Mackie 24-8, runs BIIG circles around it...

Mine is not an inline console, it's a 24 ins, 16 tape returns with EQ and sends, 8 subgroups...
It sounds warm and clean and having had a Mackie 24-8 before i can tell you that THIS sounds SO much better, the EQ is wonderfully british, the pramps are really something...

TexRoadkill said:
Yep that's the guy. Here's a brighter pic. I'm going to put an iso rack under the console for the Radar. Then I can put all the other stuff in the top rack that the radar is taking up right now. I also need to finish the trim on the console. Damn, I'm lazy.

Yo Tex, quick question: what do you do with the Ghost having the phantom power switches at the back ?? Do you leave some channels switched on and some off, or what ?
(Ghost is looking very appealing, but that's the one drawback I could find, unless I go and move all phantom power switches and rack them at the top of the console somewhere)

Herwig

I just leave a few channels on and don't really sweat it. I don't have any ribbons yet and I'm not that anal about the whole 'never connect/disconnect a mic while phantom power is engaged' thing. In 15 years of using mixers I've never hurt a mic because of phantom power but maybe I'm just lucky.

Argh. You lot are so lucky. I guess being so much younger means I have no money to buy ANYTHING, including a mic. Yeah I have to make do with ONE mic that my brother had. And a computer, without a decent soundcard, preamps etc. Good thing I have a friend who plans to get something :)

Jake - The two guitars you have hanging up are EXACTLY the same as my brothers, that's scary. Literally.

you guys have awesome looking studios! Fabulous!

Since the time I've started this thread, my humble setup has changed quite a bit. Here's the current status:

studio_082003_700pix.JPG

Giganova: killer headphone stands!!:D

Here is a link to some pics of my studio; I recently (6-03) stepped up from home recording status, and opened up a commercial facility with a business partner... Not 'world-class' by any means, but compared to what I was working with before, it's a dream come true! We did the work ourselves - windows, walls, flooring, everything... My business partner built the console furniture. The place is in an older 'strip mall' type building, around 750 s.f., and the landlord is very cool about the whole thing! We're stoked and proud!:)

I just need to say thanks to everyone on this board for sharing and helping expand our knowledge curve; I really do learn alot from this BBS!

http://www.sisterdimension.com/pages/793813/index.htm

Back