let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
jumpingflash said:
Here's my homestudio...
Still working on it but in one week i hope to finish it and start playing again ! :D
Hey that desk is great! I plan on building my own "real studio" soon, so please make a note that I might order one of your desks! :D

tanlith said:
Nice setup... LOVE the logo... who did it??

- Tanlith -

Thanks Tanlith! I have a couple of friends in the biz... One is a graphic artist, and another friend does graphics for signs, t-shirts, etc... The cool thing was that they are both musicians, and we worked it out with recording time! The logo is an idea I wanted involving a simple spiral galaxy design, a double helix. I didn't want much detail, just something simple and solid. We worked together on the final, and he made it happen. I was happy with it, too; I like how there is an 'S D' visible, for Sister Dimension...

:)

Giganova said:
Hey that desk is great! I plan on building my own "real studio" soon, so please make a note that I might order one of your desks! :D

Give me the measurements and i will cut the pieces and send them from ITALY! :D

I am building a new desk right now as i have sold the Soundtracs and bought a DM-24 as it fits my needs better.

Here's a 3D of how it will look...

Attachments

• 13jpg.jpg
    13jpg.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 3,921
wow -- what a simulation!

Just one thing: the monitor stands are a bit too high IMHO. I like a setup where the monitor stand in the middle is a bit lower than the two side panels, where you could put a lot of rack gear in. Just my 2 Cents. I like your color scheme of red & black. Looks damn evel! :D

Hello, what program are you using for the 3d? It MUST be Autocad. Your instruments mixer and monitors are really cool. Did you measure everything or what? How long did it take to draw it and render it?
fitZ:)

Yes i did measure everything, from the keyboard to the racks and mixer and...

But i am an architect so i'm used to that :D

I used 3D Studio Max for designing and rendering and it took less than half an hour ( measurements taken) to do the 3D.

GIGANOVA : you are perfectly right in fact i had 2 designs and the other one has the monitors a but lower and NO racks below them as the shelf is a bit wider... i will post it in a second...

Just an idea here... for you guys who have or plan on having multiple PC work stations...

You can save some $$$ by using a single monitor/keyboard & mouse by using a switcher (costs about $60.00)

Though you might wanna still use two monitors so you can see both screens at the same time, having a single keyboard and mouse with a switch box that redirects it to the system you want might work well...

- Tanlith -

Yes i did measure everything, from the keyboard to the racks and mixer and...

That is exactly what I do to, although I've never done the 3D stuff(I'm just starting 3D), I am an architectural millwork detailer. My whole studio is designed right down to the screw.
I build everything myself that I can. I'm just getting ready to install my console(I custom made it from the steel frame and legs to hardwood endcaps) You can see the pics as I post them. Starting tonight.
Anyway, thanks for the info.
fitZ

Yes i think i like it more this way too... I still have to solve the mouse position, as it has to be somewhere easily reachable but not too much in the way...

shAkEz_gk said:
A1A2....what's your name on rapmusic.com?
Because I seen that exact studio posted there 3 years ago!

I don't believe I posted any pic in this thread...and I didn't have a studio 3 yrs ago (I still don't, really...)

you must saw someone else's studio here

Al

Hey jumpingflash, the monitors don't look symetrical across the room. The right one is closer to a wall, which will throw off your stereo image, no? Any acoustics to punch into the picture? Or is this just a console layout?
fitZ:)

Damn FM! Nice friggin rig! That gets me wet.
I was jsut digging your song "in the spring", was that your writing? Very cool playroom.

I can't wait to get moved and settled again.:(

jake-owa said:
Damn FM! Nice friggin rig! That gets me wet.
I was jsut digging your song "in the spring", was that your writing? Very cool playroom.

I can't wait to get moved and settled again.:(

Yeah, That was my writing on that one! Glad you liked it!:D

Thanks for the compliments on the playroom. It works for me but, the room is a mess of wires and crap. I want to re-design the layout of the room so it looks a little neater and cleaner but, every plan I come up with makes it hard to get to the connections when I do and the room sounds best with the layout in the picture above.

The room is approximately 10 x 14. Any thoughts out there?

Cheers! :)

Back