let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
I love Quake 3... I actually got my start in game music doing music for people's Quake 3 maps. I was doing that for a few months and then Doom 3 came out and I moved over to that. I redid all the music from the original Doom game with real live instruments for a mod called "Classic Doom 3". It's hands down the most popular Doom 3 mod. My soundtrack alone has over 7,000 downloads in just over three months and the mod was published in at least two pc game magazines in the UK. You can download my soundtrack at d3files.com http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Classic_DOOM_3_Original_Mod_Soundtrack;52796

It's been in the top ten since I released it. :) I'm proud of it.

So yeah, I guess I'm kind of into Doom 3 lately, but only because of our mod. I didn't really like the game.

gullfo said:
studioshot-lr.jpg

yes, the Singer works - it provides the AC electricity between 40-70 hertz depending how long I've been at it.

HOLY CRAP!! I have the same Sony R2R!!

I love the Casiotone VL-5 !!!

The programmable monophonic keyboard that doubles as a pocket calculator.

I like the Roland Cube, too!.................;)

Or a home security system with cameras that monitor the front and back door to your house that you can monitor from any computer in your house or from the internet.

cameras.jpg

I've been away for a few years and it's nice to be back here. So here are a few pics of my current studio (started setting things up again just two months ago). Next step is to get some acoustic treatment for the room (starting building my basstraps next week).

img44147091ac4ca.jpg

img441470a25e7dd.jpg

img441470b2805b3.jpg

img441470c42af9e.jpg

how do you like that us2400?

I've been thinking about getting one (especially with the price drops lately), just wondering if you have any comments on its useability and such, and what you use it with...

looking good though! whats the keyboard that looks like my MonoPoly (but not quite) taking a back seat by the window???? looks like a fun one ;]

billy

mindfunk said:
how do you like that us2400?

I've been thinking about getting one (especially with the price drops lately),
The pricedrops did it for me too ;)

mindfunk said:
just wondering if you have any comments on its useability and such, and what you use it with...
I'm running it with Sonar 4LE (going to upgrade to 5PE in a few months). It has a dedicated startup-mode for Sonar Mackie emulation. Works like a charm.

mindfunk said:
looking good though! whats the keyboard that looks like my MonoPoly (but not quite) taking a back seat by the window???? looks like a fun one ;]
That's the first synth I ever owned. I build it my self about 25 years ago. Here's another (very old) picture of it:

img43fde948daca8.jpg

It's the top one (below is a SIEL Orchestra 2). I have made closeup pics to put online for old times sake. The synth is busted now but I can't get myself to throw it away.

mindfunk said:
and man, i need to find a desk just like that... for dual crt's and no neck strain ;]
I know what you mean. Designed and build it myself. The left lower compartiment holds my computer. There's a panel I can put in front of it but it has some cooling issues, not really a problem as this computer is very quiet.

I still have a few DIY projects that I have to put online with pictures and info so others can use it if they like. The desk is obviously finished but I'm currently (but slowly) building a 12 pad midi drumkit (using a D4 as the trigger-to-midi unit) :D

Here's my set-up, still a work in progress---

Attachments

• control room.jpg
    control room.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 973
  • stiudio west.jpg
    stiudio west.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 893
  • studio east.jpg
    studio east.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 865
hey again folks!

i've been looking around at desks lately,,,,,and i remembered someone commenting that i had a lot of the B word,,,,(behringer),

i was wandering if anyone knows of another desk in reasonable price range which has 8 channels with direct outs,,,,,and a better reputation?

the only reason i picked the behringer was that it was the only desk in my price range with 8 direct outs to feed my ews88mt,,,,,,

look forward to response,,,,,

thanks.

i was wandering if anyone knows of another desk in reasonable price range which has 8 channels with direct outs,,,,,and a better reputation?
This is my OPINION :) What is a reasonable price? And what do you EXPECT for that price? Are you disappointed with the performance of the Behringer? If so, in what way? It would seem to me, with direct outs, price/performance would not have that much of a priority. You usually get what you pay for. However, lets look at a reality.

If you're a novice, or doing this for fun, for no ones ears but your own, then
you are the arbiter of what you hear. In otherwords, if you don't have a problem with its performance, then whats the point of upgrading? Not only that, but limitations can be the best teacher, If you can't get a decent recording through the Behringer, then maybe other things are at work. Such bad acoustics. Bad mic placement. No isolation(environmental noise), bad mics, bad cableing, bad interface, bad monitors, bad monitoring position. But only you can tell if its the mixer that is at fault. We can suggest some things if we know the other factors. Information is king to make good decisions. :)

If on the otherhand, other people are the arbiter of your product, then it is they who will determine your recording criteria. Its called COMPETITION. :D The point is, what are you trying to do? Hell,when I first got hooked on this stuff. I would have used a Peavy stereo live board if I could have. But to compete in the realworld, there are competitive commercial realities to address. Whole nother ballgame. So tell us what the scenario is and maybe we can help you with your decisions.

fitZ

I'm in the same boat as you are, I plan on upgrading to a Yamaha 16/4, hopefully by the end of the summer. It has 8 mono and 4 stereo channels, the 8 mono have channel inserts which can be used as direct outs. It's only $279.99

I'm in the same boat as you are, I plan on upgrading to a Yamaha 16/4, hopefully by the end of the summer. It has 8 mono and 4 stereo channels, the 8 mono have channel inserts which can be used as direct outs. It's only $279.99
Dang, this stuff is getting cheap. Sounds like a steal if you ask me. Who needs more than that at the same time. Not that many of us. :D

Back