let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 963 75.5%

• Total voters
but i just cant wait to have them as actual WORKING monitors, since this is the purpose for which i bought them, just that at 150$ a piece for every speaker, i'll be waiting a while before i could even hear them.

and at least, i'll be able to hear what every engineer in becoming wants to hear at least once in his lifetime

Well I know on ebay you can find the woofers and tweeters for fairly cheep :) I'm probably gonna a buy a pair of ns10's once I get everything set up for my place :)

Giganova said:
Let me know how it worked out, ok? If your reel-to-reel recorder allows to bounce "on the fly" it would be very easy [no need to rewind tape and record back into DAW].

Hey Giganova.....

I finally got around to buying some new tape and a new reel. I'm working on a reggae/break track right now so I think I'll try that idea out; I'll let you know how it goes.

~Thane

Cool, Thane! Let me know how it worked out, ok? I'm still looking for a reel-to-reel recorder in my local music stores.

here is my messy setup after moving it home

Got tired of paying rent!

Attachments

• studio for bbs.JPG
    studio for bbs.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,713
studio's

tired of paying rent... i can feel that remark. looks like your equipment fit in nicely.

just finished building....

tell me what you think!

Attachments

• DSC00011 (Small).JPG
    DSC00011 (Small).JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,055
  • DSC00001 (Small).JPG
    DSC00001 (Small).JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 937
  • DSC00002 (Small).JPG
    DSC00002 (Small).JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 929
  • P1010040 (Small).JPG
    P1010040 (Small).JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 908
  • P1010062 (Small).JPG
    P1010062 (Small).JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 923
wow man... thats pretty sweet! I love the color of the walls. BLOOD RED! Thats the color of my room :D Nice use of lava lamps too! Anyways man... really nice clean set up!!

Hey Cruizer,
Very nice room indeed, I love it, you have done a very nice job, you should be so proud! I too love the color of your walls, I'm getting ready to paint my walls at the moment. What is the name of the color you used? Also I love the acoustic treatment. Did you construct your Bass traps and absorbers yourself?

Im Jealous!

Thanx applejax and Gorty!
well the studio wasn't built just by me.. my lead singer did most of the work...
heck.. it doesn't even have a name yet.. we just moved into it about 2 weeks ago. and goodness what an environment!
The wall color in the live room is actualy called "ladybug red" its from (believe it or not) Martha Stewart's paint line at Sears... I still think its more of a blood red as well.. but I bet ol' Martha wouldn't want it called that.
All the foam is from Auralex though.. But I'm sure a DIY approch would be alright.. afterall after handling this stuff for the last 2 months I haven't a clue of what space-age stuff its made from... seemed like just plain ol' foam to me.. I think the dimensions of the traps and diffusers and the locations in YOUR room that make the real difference.. a very helpfull hit w/ the bass traps--->get instructions from whomever you get them from if you buy!... Auralex didn't send anything to tell us how to get them at that height and be at a 45 degree angle consistantly throughout the project w/out constantly glueing and falling and then re-glueing...just a friendly heads up

here are a few more... I'll post more as i get more taken..

Attachments

• P1010046 (Small).JPG
    P1010046 (Small).JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 983
  • P1010066 (Small).JPG
    P1010066 (Small).JPG
    36 KB · Views: 905
Are you interested in seeing WIP pictures? I've got 5 years worth of pictures that I could show... but my studio still isn't done. :(

wow i just went through this thread...i am so jealous of all of you! :\ i wish i had the money to build one of these...

Signal 9

my picture didn't load the first time...let me try it again. I shrank it down a bit.

Attachments

• Picture 005small.jpg
    Picture 005small.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,323
Back