let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
Trackrat, I sooooo love the woodwork. I know I've stated that before, but I have to again. Its gorgeous.

I have to settle for steel :(

This is my little one room studio:

IMG1.JPG

IMG2.JPG

IMG3.JPG

IMG4.JPG

IMG5.JPG

IMG6.JPG

IMG7.JPG

IMG8.JPG

IMG9.JPG

There's some really nice looking studios from board users.

Tukkis :)

Last edited:
pretty grainy looking from my cheapie camera and low light...

Attachments

• studio1.JPG
    studio1.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 2,684
and one of the tracking rooms...serves as a TV room too, eh?? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• LR.JPG
    LR.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,659
mixmkr -- that tracking room has a great feel & look! I could see how musicians feel very comfortable here! What's that big junky mic?

Giganova said:
mixmkr -- that tracking room has a great feel & look! I could see how musicians feel very comfortable here! What's that big junky mic?
Electrovoice RE20 :)

"Looks good Shaz; how are the corner traps working out? Did you use Ethan Winer's design?"

The corner traps are working out great. They are just 3" OC703 in wooden frames, wrapped in Guilford of Maine Fabric. :)

studioshot-lr.jpg

yes, the Singer works - it provides the AC electricity between 40-70 hertz depending how long I've been at it.

frederic said:
I guess I've made enough progress I can post a somewhat completed picture.....

IM000791.JPG
Frederic,

Sure is looking sweet. Looks like your gonna need some help running that setup or some pretty damn long arms. lol Seriously what are you focusing on as far as production? Bands, Film etc.

At any rate sure is looking great. Its come along way since I remember hearing about the crappy no show contractors. wtg

Pro Tools User said:
Sure is looking sweet. Looks like your gonna need some help running that setup or some pretty damn long arms.

Yep! Next is to drag out of the attic the three high-back armless leather chairs :) And here is a nifty little detail, in regards to "arms". The studio PC has multiple Emagic Unitor8 8-channel midi interfaces. Each tascam TMD1000 mixer (the six on the wings of the table) respond to midi information with excruciating detail. Which means, if I click settings with the emagic interfaces to create loops, I can use one of the two closest mixers, to control the further away mixers, and even record that midi data so its automated, repeatable, and consistant.

Short arms are okay :)

Pro Tools User said:
Seriously what are you focusing on as far as production? Bands, Film etc.

Mostly midi composing for jingles, film, etc. Some amatuer films are for the asking too, have already been invited to participate on several projects. I also have started to work with a particular vocalist wanna-be, so that might pan out also. Many choices, have to pick carefully.

Pro Tools User said:
At any rate sure is looking great. Its come along way since I remember hearing about the crappy no show contractors. wtg

Thanks!! Sad to say, I have a lot of wiring to do however. Right now the console table is done, assembled, and the gear resting on it, but nothing is powered (other than this computer, the lights in the room, and the webcam). So, that's what I'll be doing for the next month or two - soffocating myself with soldering fumes :)

Frederic,
excuse me for asking, but do you have virtual speakers? I have looked and looked at this pic and I see no studio monitors.
Regards

KB Gunn

Back