Lesson in Life

K-dub

This was a totally corrupted file from 2007. Fortunately, I was able to save SOME of it. The midi parts stayed intact. The audio parts ... NOPE.

Back then, it was basically the dawn of broadband. I made STRICT habit of librarying tracks contributed over the net.

So, in saving what I could from the piece, I was able to take the original tracks submitted via the net, and form fit them again into the NEW project folders for address. I have to go through some pretty funky stuff to get the file to open correctly and not corrupt ... but I've got it working.

Such is the challenge of the revisit to long ago.

There's a silver lining.

I was speaking w/ my wife about it. My process back then was to create a template, then get the contributions from others, then mix.

The weird of this is the backing into it. I had to START with the contribution of others, THEN create. The creative process was completely reversed.

Accordingly, this sounds NOTHING like the original. It sounds WAY better. I was FORCED into a rethink.

Contributing artists:

Tjarko Busink: Bass, background vocals, and twiddly guitar. English is not his second language. It's his third.

Lesson in Life

There was a time

Some time ago

I can see your face

Just as if it were

In front of me

Not in my past

Like some shadow

But it wasn’t always like this now

Maybe I should have looked both ways

Instead of only one

And tried to look against the haze

To the days when I was young

For I was the guy who thought that I

Could do anything if I only tried

But after time passed

I found out

That I could do things then

That I can’t do now

It was a lesson in life

I learned the hard way

I know that you

Have lots to do

It seems your scarce time

Is all eaten up

In working for wage

It’s a crying shame

Kinda crazy

But it wasn’t always like this now

Last edited:
So it would seem the song title itself was prophetic.

There was a life lesson learned in the reconstruction of this tune.

Came out great by the way.

So it would seem the song title itself was prophetic.

There was a life lesson learned in the reconstruction of this tune.

Came out great by the way.
The weird is the bettering from the opposite direction of approach.

Sometimes outside the box is just what’s needed. Taps into your infinite creativity, instead of relying on routine.

Sometimes outside the box is just what’s needed. Taps into your infinite creativity, instead of relying on routine.
Absolutely. I knew exactly how I wanted to rearrange it from before. Plus, I knew how to achieve it.

15 years later ... I learned a couple of new tricks. :D

love this song...the acoustic guitars in the intro reminded me of the Smashing Pumpkins....excellent vocals as well...followed you on Soundcloud btw!

Back