Just started home recording too... Help!

bruzeviolet

I have a Lexicon Omega and am wondering how to put drums tracks on this damn thing! :confused: I don't want to record my acoustic drumset but just a regular little piece of crap computer generated drum track. Is this too much to ask?! I am very frustrated and my eyes are tired. I am a musician and not really a recording type of person I guess. But I have a lot of material and just want to get it all down on a CD. Please HELP! Thank you for ANY advice you have! ;)

if were me i would not have bought the omega. i'll be frank.
from reading lots of forums it seems people are having problems of some sort.
but maybe to be fair they have not set it up right.
if you post your computer confign it would help as well as more details of what your trying to do.
if all you want to do is make a quick drum track. (i'm assuming you can play back ok and no playback probs with omega).
try the free hotstepper (google for it) and some drum sample cd's.
build your drum track in hotstepper(it has example songs !). you just click with the mouse where you want to place the samples. then once you have a drum track import into your multitrack recording software as a stereo wave file.
search under my name for lots of tips ive posted in the past year. hundreds of tips for folks like yourself.

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it! I am going to try the Hotstepper freeware tomorrow after work... Wish me luck!!!

Back