Issue w/ Exporting Wav. files from Cubase 10.5 LE to Zoom r16 for Mastering

rdabney

I like to edit my tracks that I record in the r16 with Cubase and then bring them back into the Zoom r16 for mastering. Recently I am running into an issue where I am trying to assign my tracks into a blank project in the r16. I get a asterisk symbol next to the track I exported from Cubase into the r16 and it does not let me assign the track? Also, sometimes it allows me to assign certain tracks into the r16, but when I play them back all I hear is static through my monitors. I use a Mac and I am guessing that something is happening when I export the wav file from cubase to the zoom r16. Any help or advice on this would be great. Thanks

Robert

That is a good point in the right direction. What is default for the r16? the bit rate I have for exporting wav files is 32 bit in cubase. Can you tell me the r16's correct sample rate and bit depth for an empty project? thank you for your quick reply. Robert

Thanks so much. For some reason Cubase was set on 48 and 32. I just switched to 24 bit and 44.1 sample rate and exported a track from a project in Cubase and was able to play it back on the r16. Thanks so much! Robert

Glad to hear it. The Zooms operate at either 44.1 or 48K with either 16 or 24 bit. I know there are supposed to be some limitations with 24bit but I cant remember the specifics, so if you run into issues with any of the mastering effects, consider going back to 16 bit.

I’m intrigued why you’d want to master in the zoom? Reducing the quality seems an odd step in the process. You’re throwing data away. Is there something in the zoom that Cubase can’t do? I’ve gone from zoom to Cubase many times but I’ve never gone back?

I am new to mastering. I could not find any mastering plugins like a maximizer in my version of Cubase. I have Cubase 10.5 LE version that came with my r 16. To my knowledge all I can really do to master on my version of Cubase is doing EQ and compression. My r 16 has a Maximizer to master with. This is my reason for doing so.

Robert

If there is something I am missing from the version of Cubase that comes with the r 16 (10.5 LE) I would be excited to know about it. I have watched some videos on Youtube regarding mastering in Cubase, however when I go to look for plugins to do I am not seeing them in my version.

Izotope has a July sale going on with Ozone Elements for $19 which is a small collection of decent mastering plug ins. Also Cubase has a sale with an upgrade from LE to Cubase Elements 11 for $29.

I'm setting up a cheap system for a friend using a mini desktop PC that was leftover from a digital signage project and just went through upgrading a LE license and am now putting together some better plug ins for him. I was impressed as it works pretty good for a system built with a bunch of hand me down hardware. So much so I did the Cubase cross grade from Pro Tools for the Pro version for my Mac Mini.

Interesting. I will look into this. I am running an outdated Mac so I can't upgrade my Cubase because of my OS limits so adding these third party plugins may be beneficial to my issue with mastering. Thanks for your advice.

Robert

I purchased a digital download of Ozone Elements, however my version of Cubase does not seem to be compatible. It would not allow me to scan the VST plugins that I had purchased. I have Cubase 10.5 LE with 16 audio tracks, and 24 midi tracks. Does anyone out there know of plugins for mastering that will work with my version of Cubase and I should mention that I cannot upgrade my Cubase due to the fact that I would have to purchase a new computer to do so. My Mac OS is High Sierra 10.13 and that is as far as it will go. I looked on the Steinberg website and you need a updated OS to purchase pretty much any upgrade that I can see.

I purchased a digital download of Ozone Elements, however my version of Cubase does not seem to be compatible. It would not allow me to scan the VST plugins that I had purchased. I have Cubase 10.5 LE with 16 audio tracks, and 24 midi tracks. Does anyone out there know of plugins for mastering that will work with my version of Cubase and I should mention that I cannot upgrade my Cubase due to the fact that I would have to purchase a new computer to do so. My Mac OS is High Sierra 10.13 and that is as far as it will go. I looked on the Steinberg website and you need a updated OS to purchase pretty much any upgrade that I can see.
Many of the lighter version DAW don't support external plug in's. That is why I was suggesting the upgrade to Cubase not realizing you are on an outdated OS. Studio One is like this. I went strait for Cubase Elements as my friend needs higher track count.

I've had similar issues a few times over the last 20 years where old plug in's I purchased became out of date and had to buy again after updating. Sorry about that.

Many plug in's have trial periods. I'd use that to test but it may just be a limit of your version of Cubase.

So i read a google post that cubase 11 works on mac os high sierra. I purchased an upgrade for $30 so far everything is downloading. The cubase system requirements on steinberg website say different. I hope this functions. Thanks for your posts.
Robert

Back