Issue Recording HELP PLEASE!!

musycsmk

Hi everyone i am new to home recording studio. Researched a lot before i post this thread but couldn't find a solution to the problem i am having.

I use Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 interface / AT2035 Condenser / Logic Pro 9 for software. Only do Covers (Vocals Only maybe acoustic)

First off, when i try to record vocals i get delays, hissing, and messy sound. But when i record it with the same setting with the built in mic on iMAC. I don't get any issue.

The delay hissing sound stays on the mic or interface for 20 ~ 30 second and when i dont have input monitoring on it goes away. If i have the input monitoring on. It stays and its annoying hearing the hissy sound.

So i was wondering if you guys have a solution for this problem. Trying to record but with this issue i don't think i can get anywhere with recording.

Would it be problem from audio interface? or Condenser?

Please help and i do have the attachment file so you guys can get a clue what the problem is. it starts to play around 5 second on to the track.

Thanks~

Attachments

• Issue 1.mp3
    316.8 KB · Views: 7
Yes, I do have the latest driver installed on my iMac. I use Software Monitoring On. So that I can hear my vocal tone before I do any recording. But with the input monitoring on. It makes that sound. :( Any Idea??? :(

Since you're using Software Monitoring, did you change the Routing Presets in the Scarlett MixControl app?

On the left side of the screen about halfway down there's a button labeled "Routing Preset...". Click this and check the setting. If it's set to "Zero Latency Tracking", change it to "DAW Tracking".

Well last time I rememeber. I tried turning off the input monitoring and using the interface monitoring but the same problem occured while recording. :( But I will try to Change the setting on Scarlett MixControl and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

Back