ISO cabinet needed!

subtractor

Forgive me for this is not homerecording related, but instead hifi...
I've got a beautiful stack of hifi components that are constantly covered in dust and I'd like to find a tall totally enclosed, glass front, with fans + dust filter, cabinet of some sort to house my components in. And I'm having trouble finding anything suitable.

I'd like it to be a nice piece of "furniture", not some particle board crap... Kinda like a Bello piece but enclosed with circulation.

I could add the circulation part if necessary.
Any links or ideas, besides diy?

Unless you can find a used one you're probably looking at about a grand for something like that. A simple little fan cooled computer iso box can cost close to that.

It wouldn't be that hard to modify an existing case by putting on a back and installing some computer fans. Jerry's Audio Video is the highend place in town. You might look there to get some ideas. They are on the west sieeeede.

One thing that might work well would be a small armoir (sp?). It might be difficult to get remote controls to work unless you have those wired receiver extensions that you could put out on top. I know the cable boxes and many receivers come with them. The advantage would be it they are nice looking, built with solid wood and it would be easy to hook up some ventilation fans to the back.

Back