I'm ready for some football.

Unfortunately it wasn't. The Skins traded 3 first (and 1 second) round picks to move up 4 whole spots lol. To draft a QB who had 1 decent season before it all went to hell!

He played, this guy isn't even dressing for the first game. They were both bad trades.

Hey fuckers, the season starts tonight!

I'm gonna make my Superbowl pick right now. My heart tells me WHO DAT! But my head says no fucking way. So....

I think the AFC is pretty easy. I think it's gonna be Steelers and Pats. I'm gonna go with the Steelers winning the AFC.

The NFC is tougher for me. The Seachickens, Panthers, and Packers are all legit. Arizona is right there unless Carson Palmer gets physically destroyed again and comes back just in time to throw five picks in a playoff game. So for me it really boils down to defense and no one in the NFC does it better than the Seachickens and Panthers. Again, nod to the Cards, but not enough. And I hate the Panthers so I got...

Seahawks vs Steelers in the Superbowl.

Steelers win.

Hey fuckers, the season starts tonight!

I'm gonna make my Superbowl pick right now. My heart tells me WHO DAT! But my head says no fucking way. So....

I think the AFC is pretty easy. I think it's gonna be Steelers and Pats. I'm gonna go with the Steelers winning the AFC.

The NFC is tougher for me. The Seachickens, Panthers, and Packers are all legit. Arizona is right there unless Carson Palmer gets physically destroyed again and comes back just in time to throw five picks in a playoff game. So for me it really boils down to defense and no one in the NFC does it better than the Seachickens and Panthers. Again, nod to the Cards, but not enough. And I hate the Panthers so I got...

Seahawks vs Steelers in the Superbowl.

Steelers win.

Patriots take it all over the Seahawks. Afterwards, they ask Brady "Brady, you've just won the Superbowl and the game MVP. What are you going to next?"

And instead of saying the thing about Disneyworld, he just says "I'm going to fuck Roger Gooddell's wife" and stares soullessly into the camera for 10 seconds before walking away.

Tom-Brady-stares-down-CVS-customers.jpg

I'm going to be a homer and take the Packers over the Patriots.

Parity has been both good and bad for the NFL. A lot of mediocre teams and no solid top to bottom teams, but more teams have a shot plus the last game of the year means something a lot of times.

My Chiefs are poised to have a good year, but I don't think they're Super Bowl material yet.

The Steelers do look pretty damn impressive on paper (I didn't see them play in the preseason so I don't know for sure). New England is always a potential contender. And Carolina looks stout as well.

Hmmm, if I had to bet, I'd say Carolina loses to New England in the SB.

Most importantly, I think the Redskins will repeat as division winners at 9-7. Because everyone else sucks and they are good enough to look like an average team when you factor in those 6 games against chumps. Then they will lose the first playoff game again, and we will all be thrilled because that's how shitty our franchise is these days.

Panthers over Steelers in the SB.

I hate the Broncos so much. If they end up winning this game...

I have to say that their young QB looks pretty damn solid though. Good arm, good accuracy, mostly good decision-making. Ugh, thats all KC needs is for Denver to find a franchise quarterback.

I hate the Broncos so much. If they end up winning this game...

I have to say that their young QB looks pretty damn solid though. Good arm, good accuracy, mostly good decision-making. Ugh, thats all KC needs is for Denver to find a franchise quarterback.

All things considered, essentially being a rookie against a great defense, that kid is doing pretty damn good. Some butt-puckering moments, but overall pretty solid.

All things considered, essentially being a rookie against a great defense, that kid is doing pretty damn good. Some butt-puckering moments, but overall pretty solid.

I paid such little attention in the off season, I really have no idea who he is. I just hope he doesn't have a long career of throwing touchdowns at arrowhead.

But how comforting is it to hear All Michaels' voice again? It's like a drug, and it means that football season is finally here.

Most importantly, I think the Redskins will repeat as division winners at 9-7. Because everyone else sucks and they are good enough to look like an average team when you factor in those 6 games against chumps. Then they will lose the first playoff game again, and we will all be thrilled because that's how shitty our franchise is these days.

Panthers over Steelers in the SB.

9-7 seems a bit ambitious to me. Maybe 8-8 if we're lucky, I feel. Just waiting for all the teams to discover we don't have a run game (or a decent RB imo lol) and stack the field with defensive backs.

I paid such little attention in the off season, I really have no idea who he is. I just hope he doesn't have a long career of throwing touchdowns at arrowhead.

But how comforting is it to hear All Michaels' voice again? It's like a drug, and it means that football season is finally here.

Agreed. Al Michaels' voice is magical.

Evidently all the Panthers are crying over how many times poor widdle Cammie Whammie was hit in his widdle head last night. :laughings:

Evidently all the Panthers are crying over how many times poor widdle Cammie Whammie was hit in his widdle head last night. :laughings:

Just wait until it becomes about race. That'll be fun.

I'm all for protecting QBs when they're vulnerable in the pocket. A QB mid-throw or on his follow through can't defend himself. If a QB decides he wants to be a runner, then he's fair game as far as I'm concerned.

What they need to try to do IMO is get better about what constitutes an actual foul and what's just a meaningless brush or touch. Often a defender's hand just brushes the helmet of a QB. Bam, hit to head, 15 yd penalty. Terrible call. Sometimes helmets touch. How can they not? They're big balls of plastic sitting on top of every player. Even with the cleanest intentions helmets will touch. That should be taken into consideration, and I think it was last night. The Panthers are just eating them sour grapes.

But one of those hits last night was clearly a foul. That last one, the one with the offsetting grounding penalty, that LB launched himself directly into Newton's head. I hate Cam Newton, but even the hater in me has to concede that it was a penalty, and they called it. His problem is he also grounded the ball. So STFU Cam you bitch.

Back