I'm ready for some football.

Man, that was a rough end to the game. Looked like they had it locked up after that sweet comeback. I did literally LOL when that o-lineman flattened the guy after the turnover. That was great. Well, not great, but entertaining.

There was never any upside to that game for LSU. That's why I hate these moronic out of conference trap games for TV ratings. If LSU wins, big deal. If they lose, it's pretty bad. For me, what sucks the most is not that we lost, but that every single thing that I hoped wouldn't happen, did happen. The QB is still pathetic, Fournette can't do every damn thing, and the defense played pretty good but still had to take the loss.

And Les Miles called a very good offensive game plan, but it never had a chance because the o-line didn't block anyone and our starting QB needs to have his scholarship revoked. For 55 minutes of the game Miles/Cam Cameron called a good balance of plays that the players didn't execute. Then when it finally made sense to just hand the ball to Fournette over and over, Miles decides to get pass-happy with a terrible QB and the moron throws an game ending interception. So it was suck all around.

There was never any upside to that game for LSU. That's why I hate these moronic out of conference trap games for TV ratings. If LSU wins, big deal. If they lose, it's pretty bad. For me, what sucks the most is not that we lost, but that every single thing that I hoped wouldn't happen, did happen. The QB is still pathetic, Fournette can't do every damn thing, and the defense played pretty good but still had to take the loss.

I think a tough non-conference schedule will weigh heavily on team rankings and is really important in this new playoff age.

I think a tough non-conference schedule will weigh heavily on team rankings and is really important in this new playoff age.

Maybe if it comes down to to a tie breaker scenario. But from LSU's perspective there was nothing to gain from this game except for TV exposure, and we sure didn't look good. As dumb as preseason rankings are, if they matter at all, Wisconsin was unranked. So what does LSU gain from beating an unranked team? Nothing. What do they lose from losing to an unranked team? Maybe a lot. That's why these games are trap games to me. Yeah it was scheduled years ago. But even back then I didn't like it. Obviously LSU is not a #5 team, but that's what we were labeled and it bit us in the ass. And Wisconsin didn't look great either. They just looked less bad than LSU did. There are five "power conferences" and four playoff spots. A team from a power conference can absorb an out of conference loss if they can win their own conference. LSU can still win the SEC and get a playoff spot. After seeing Bama last night, LSU winning the SEC is unlikely, but it's still on the table. The Wisconsin loss is a non factor if LSU wins the SEC.

The only upside from losing that game is that it was game #1 at a "neutral" (Lol) site. It's not a death blow. Losing conference games is way way worse than losing neutral out of conference games early in the season.

But we're gonna lose conference games too if that's how we're gonna play. Bama destroyed USC and Auburn played real tough against a very good Clemson team. If this is 2016 LSU, we might win 6 games at best. All because we still can't recruit/groom a QB.

Not sure. Maybe the first half? I don't know. The offensive line sucked and the QB sucked so it's not like we'll miss him.

Last year after the Les Miles attempted firing fiasco, there was the kiss and makeup press conference and one of the key statements from the athletic director was 'coach Miles has agreed that changes have to be made', of course everyone knew that meant the offensive scheme. Well, it seems to me that yesterday was the Les Miles response to that promise of change. (He must have had his fingers crossed when he made the promise) Did anybody see anything different on offense? The opposing team put 8 in the box to stop the run, and Miles says fuck it and still runs it. Anyone doubt Leonard Fournette is a great running back? Everybody on the Wisconsin side keyed on Fournette, 8 in the box to stop him and he still rushed for 138 yards. The LSU passing game is a seven step drop and throw it 30 - 40 yards down the field. Low percentage, long time to develop. Although Brandon Harris lacks accuracy in the 10 to 20 yard range, he does get lucky on occasion throwing the longer passes. I can not think of one quarterback Les Miles and the coaching staff have developed into any sort of a threat. I have been frustrated with the play of Harris, but yesterday I realized it really does not matter who LSU plays at QB under Miles, whoever it is will constantly be looking at a 3rd down passing situation and the play will involve a 7 step drop, 2 receivers 40 yards down field as the QB scrambles to get the pass off. The idiocy of the LSU offense was never more evident as when they ask Harris, an inaccurate passer to roll out . . . to his LEFT . . . are you kidding? The one offensive series when LSU had them confused, including a play where Fournette turned into a receiver, what does LSU do the next time they get the ball. Same old shit, run against 8 in the box, blah, blah, blah. 3 and out. I hate to say it, but nothing changed, Les gave the A.D. a big ole, fuck you, I am doing it my way.

Last edited:
Last year after the Les Miles attempted firing fiasco, there was the kiss and makeup press conference and one of the key statements from the athletic director was 'coach Miles has agreed that changes have to be made', of course everyone knew that meant the offensive scheme. Well, it seems to me that yesterday was the Les Miles response to that promise of change. (He must have had his fingers crossed when he made the promise) Did anybody see anything different on offense? The opposing team put 8 in the box to stop the run, and Miles says fuck it and still runs it. Anyone doubt Leonard Fournette is a great running back? Everybody on the Wisconsin side keyed on Fournette, 8 in the box to stop him and he still rushed for 138 yards. The LSU passing game is a seven step drop and throw it 30 - 40 yards down the field. Low percentage, long time to develop. Although Brandon Harris lacks accuracy in the 10 to 20 yard range, he does get lucky on occasion throwing the longer passes. I can not think of one quarterback Les Miles and the coaching staff have developed into any sort of a threat. I have been frustrated with the play of Harris, but yesterday I realized it really does not matter who LSU plays at QB under Miles, whoever it is will constantly be looking at a 3rd down passing situation and the play will involve a 7 step drop, 2 receivers 40 yards down field as the QB scrambles to get the pass off. The idiocy of the LSU offense was never more evident as when they ask Harris, an inaccurate passer to roll out . . . to his LEFT . . . are you kidding? The one offensive series when LSU had them confused, including a play where Fournette turned into a receiver, what does LSU do the next time they get the ball. Same old shit, run against 8 in the box, blah, blah, blah. 3 and out. I hate to say it, but nothing changed, Les gave the A.D. a big ole, fuck you, I am doing it my way.

I mostly agree, but Les/Cam did call a fair amount of passing plays. More than usual. Half of them went incomplete because Harris thinks his receivers are 12 feet tall. Harris is woefully inaccurate, and the pass plays were not working, so what else is there to do? Run Fournette. My biggest gripe with Les's play calling was the last four minutes. The one time it's totally appropriate to grind out some runs and grind down some clock, what does he do? Turns Harris loose to throw three passes in a row, the last one for a game ending interception.

All I can say is Wow. That was a great game. Texas was on point for the first half, sloppy for the second half, but they pulled it together for the overtime. Even if we hadn't won, I would have been happy just seeing us in the race. Last year, we lost to ND 38-3. Big difference.

I'm excited for the rest of the season. Gotta buy some tickets.

this year apparently Louisianianians don't like defense ..... none of our teams have one!

I think LSU's defense played pretty solid. Look at the time of possession. Wisconsin almost doubled us in TOP. Wisconsin had the ball the whole fucking game because LSU's offense couldn't do jack shit. The best defense is an offense that hold the ball for long periods. So for all that time the D was on the field and to only give up 16 points? That's not bad.

And look at LSU's offensive play calling. 29 rushing plays, 21 pass plays. That's pretty balanced. The shocking part of that stat is the low number of total plays. 50 offensive plays for LSU, Wisconsin had 73! That reeks of offensive suckiness. To Miles/Cam Cameron's credit they called a pretty good balance of pass/run. To their massive discredit their plays are boring and predictable, their timing of when to run and when to pass totally sucks ass, and they stick with a shitty junk QB like Brandon Harris way too damn long.

As this continues, this WILL get Miles fired. No more trickery, mad hatter charm will save him now.

Back