I'm ready for some football.

I think LSU's defense played pretty solid. Look at the time of possession. Wisconsin almost doubled us in TOP. Wisconsin had the ball the whole fucking game because LSU's offense couldn't do jack shit. The best defense is an offense that hold the ball for long periods. So for all that time the D was on the field and to only give up 16 points? That's not bad.

And look at LSU's offensive play calling. 29 rushing plays, 21 pass plays. That's pretty balanced. The shocking part of that stat is the low number of total plays. 50 offensive plays for LSU, Wisconsin had 73! That reeks of offensive suckiness. To Miles/Cam Cameron's credit they called a pretty good balance of pass/run. To their massive discredit their plays are boring and predictable, their timing of when to run and when to pass totally sucks ass, and they stick with a shitty junk QB like Brandon Harris way too damn long.

As this continues, this WILL get Miles fired. No more trickery, mad hatter charm will save him now.

Your defense not only scored as many points as your offense, it also set up it's only score by giving them the ball on the 41. The punter sucked too.

I know you have. And I semi-defended him for quite a while, but I'm totally over it now.
if I'm gonna try to be fair, his winning percentage is impressive ..... BUT, he's one of those guys that loses games they should have won ..... he could have a great season going nd then all of a sudden lose some game that should have been a slam dunk.

I'm ok with him losing to Alabama ..... they're the real deal and anyone can lose to them.
It's crap like this last game that has always made me think he wasn't the coach for me.
Sabin doesn't lose those sorts of games ..... at least not regularly.

if I'm gonna try to be fair, his winning percentage is impressive ..... BUT, he's one of those guys that loses games they should have won ..... he could have a great season going nd then all of a sudden lose some game that should have been a slam dunk.

I'm ok with him losing to Alabama ..... they're the real deal and anyone can lose to them.
It's crap like this last game that has always made me think he wasn't the coach for me.
Sabin doesn't lose those sorts of games ..... at least not regularly.

I agree 100%, though it's not fair to compare him to Saban. NO ONE is a Nick Saban. Nobody. Not even close. Nick Saban is the god of college coaching, and then there's everyone else.

My biggest fear with firing Miles is, what's next? Are we gonna become Tennessee? Auburn? Are we gonna go from 10 wins a season to 7 or 8? We're really gonna miss Les Miles and 10-win seasons and 5-star recruits when we start going 7-5 every year. There are no plug-and-play Sabans or Urban Meyers out there right now. So we'd have to take a chance on some up-and-comer coach. Might work great, might be a disaster.

I agree 100%, though it's not fair to compare him to Saban. NO ONE is a Nick Saban. Nobody. Not even close. Nick Saban is the god of college coaching, and then there's everyone else.

My biggest fear with firing Miles is, what's next? Are we gonna become Tennessee? Auburn? Are we gonna go from 10 wins a season to 7 or 8? We're really gonna miss Les Miles and 10-win seasons and 5-star recruits when we start going 7-5 every year. There are no plug-and-play Sabans or Urban Meyers out there right now. So we'd have to take a chance on some up-and-comer coach. Might work great, might be a disaster.

Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten the Archer era .... or diNardo .... who knows .... maybe Les will steamroll the rest of his games and we'll not have to worry about it.

Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten the Archer era .... or diNardo .... who knows .... maybe Les will steamroll the rest of his games and we'll not have to worry about it.

Curley Hallman! Remember that guy? I think he lasted from 90-94? That was the worst time period for LSU in my lifetime. Just dreadful.

So Ole Miss is killing Florida St. Great. Another SEC West team that looks a lot better than LSU. :facepalm:

At least they're in your team's conference so the conference looks good. I feel like all the ACC teams besides Clemson so far are just getting exposed hard. Even the fake-ACC Notre Dame lol.

At least they're in your team's conference so the conference looks good. I feel like all the ACC teams besides Clemson so far are just getting exposed hard. Even the fake-ACC Notre Dame lol.

And even Clemson had a scare yesterday against Auburn. As far as the conference looking good, if that matters, it sucks even worse for us because we look bad. Lol. As a conference, it's become Bama carrying the whole thing for the most part. I usually pull for SEC teams against out of conference teams, but its tough. I never really enjoy seeing Bama or Ole Miss win.

If fsu can spot the #11 team 25 points and still win, they might be pretty good this year. The young qb isn't a great passer but he makes up for it in elusiveness. The rb Cooke looks rusty and slow. That guy looked like a heisman candidate last year. Far from it last night.

Back