I'm ready for some football.

Just wait until it becomes about race. That'll be fun.

I'm all for protecting QBs when they're vulnerable in the pocket. A QB mid-throw or on his follow through can't defend himself. If a QB decides he wants to be a runner, then he's fair game as far as I'm concerned.

What they need to try to do IMO is get better about what constitutes an actual foul and what's just a meaningless brush or touch. Often a defender's hand just brushes the helmet of a QB. Bam, hit to head, 15 yd penalty. Terrible call. Sometimes helmets touch. How can they not? They're big balls of plastic sitting on top of every player. Even with the cleanest intentions helmets will touch. That should be taken into consideration, and I think it was last night. The Panthers are just eating them sour grapes.

But one of those hits last night was clearly a foul. That last one, the one with the offsetting grounding penalty, that LB launched himself directly into Newton's head. I hate Cam Newton, but even the hater in me has to concede that it was a penalty, and they called it. His problem is he also grounded the ball. So STFU Cam you bitch.

Yeah that last one was pretty bad and definitely a penalty, but I didn't really think any of the other ones were anything special. Agree about the helmets thing. Like in the one that got flagged, that LB was definitely going in for a big hit, but it looked to me that he was targeting the chest. Cam ducked in to brace for the blow and that's what made the helmets bang imo. I expect some fines to be laid out and then hopefully people will just move on with their lives.

I feel like the race card is like 1 step away from being thrown down. I've already read in a few articles things like: "You can bet that the league wouldn't allow this to happen to pocket passers like Brady or Manning." Hmmmm two white dudes lol. It's just a short jump!

I feel like the race card is like 1 step away from being thrown down. I've already read in a few articles things like: "You can bet that the league wouldn't allow this to happen to pocket passers like Brady or Manning." Hmmmm two white dudes lol. It's just a short jump!

I see it happening like this: The real test will be when Rodgers and Roethliberger get banged around and flags get thrown. Then the race card will come out. The whiteness of people like Brady and Brees is irrelevant because they don't run much. They're gonna get the flags because they're pocket guys. White or black, a pure pocket guy will get protected. But Rodgers and Roethlisberger are white and they run around to extend plays. Add to that, Big Ben is as big as Cam so the double-standard will be there for ammo. When they get jacked up flags will be thrown and the only logical conclusion for some people will be because they're white, they're better protected. Never mind the fact that we're one game in and people are already bitching about QB head shots. Naturally, refs are gonna call it tighter from here on out. So when they call it tighter for those other guys, the white guys, the white QBs that by far outnumber the black QBs, the race card will be drawn and played.

I friggin hate ESPN. I made the mistake of clicking on a video with a headline about 4 dirty hits only to watch a 30 second commercial and then see some douche talking about it for 90 seconds. I just wanted to see the hits but I guess showing the actual footage is somehow not in their commercial interests.

They already played the race card on this BTW.

The big difference is guys like Rodgers, Wilson and Brady will run for the sidelines or slide. Newton wants to run like an RB but with the protection of a QB.

I friggin hate ESPN. I made the mistake of clicking on a video with a headline about 4 dirty hits only to watch a 30 second commercial and then see some douche talking about it for 90 seconds. I just wanted to see the hits but I guess showing the actual footage is somehow not in their commercial interests.

They already played the race card on this BTW.

Haha good ole ESPN. Yeah they're super troll like that.

Here's the one that got flagged. [video]http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17503212[/video]

Don't know if you all are into college Football, but have you heard about the VT / Tennessee game?

It's supposed to be at the Bristol Motor Speedway. I only live a couple minutes from the place and I want everyone to leave. They're bottlenecking the town lol.

Don't know if you all are into college Football, but have you heard about the VT / Tennessee game?

It's supposed to be at the Bristol Motor Speedway. I only live a couple minutes from the place and I want everyone to leave. They're bottlenecking the town lol.

Yeah big game between two mediocre teams in a huge venue. Supposedly 150,000 expected in attendance.

Haha at least College Gameday will be there, so that's kinda cool!

Yeah big game between two mediocre teams in a huge venue. Supposedly 150,000 expected in attendance.

How dare you, good sir. VT is beautiful lol. We are about to put the smackdown on Tennessee!

Who's shit idea was it to have a football game on the infield of a racetrack anyway? I'm looking at video of the venue and the field is like a million miles away from even the good seats. What a horrible live watching experience that's gonna be. A 50yd line ticket is gonna have sight lines like a nosebleed endzone seat.

Who's shit idea was it to have a football game on the infield of a racetrack anyway? I'm looking at video of the venue and the field is like a million miles away from even the good seats. What a horrible live watching experience that's gonna be. A 50yd line ticket is gonna have sight lines like a nosebleed endzone seat.

Yeah, it really is going to be weird. I think they're already planning another game there too. The distance from the stands to the field is the only reason I didn't go lol. It really is ridiculous!

It's amazing how much stock people put in Jordy Nelson helping out the Packers this year. He's a thirty year old receiver with a repaired knee. I think the biggest star on the Packers offense will either be Jared Cook or Ty Montgomery.

Oh man Ok St got hosed bad. I can't believe the refs blew that one that bad.

If there was ever an instance for the NCAA to overturn a win, that was it.

Oh man Ok St got hosed bad. I can't believe the refs blew that one that bad.

If there was ever an instance for the NCAA to overturn a win, that was it.

I know, right?!? That was the worst ref error I've ever witnessed. What a tough pill to swallow for OSU fans.

Back