I'm ready for some football.

KC has to travel to Foxboro to play the Pats on the road. That's a scary proposition, considering the Pats' record in the post season, especially at their home stadium. But for the first time since I've been watching (since 1999), I really feel like we have a fighting chance in the playoffs. This is hands-down the best team KC has sent to the playoffs in a long time.

Today's games were pretty entertaining, even though I don't really follow the NFC very closely. What a bummer that the Vikes lost it on that missed field goal. And Green Bay actually woke up and started looking a little like their former selves. I don't see either of today's NFC winners beating their opponents in the divisional round though.

Don't count Seattle out just yet. They Carolina and the Hawks play each other hard the past few seasons.

Carolina is the more complete team, but this is the playoffs and anything can happen.

The Packers were just plain better than the Redskins. Their D-line owned our O-line for the last 3 quarters of the game. Even the guy who is arguably our best player - big #71 Trent Williams was getting his lunch money taken. Redskins defense was grinded down too. It looked like the d-line was going to have a great day but then the Packers made some adjustments.

Cousins missed some open guys, but it was because the Packers rattled him. They took him off his game - in stark contrast to the last 4 games. DeSean Jackson should join the all-idiot team with some of those Bengals players. Not extending for the pylon for a TD in a playoff game cost the Redskins 4 points. He also didn't come back for a ball on a key first down, which allowed the DB to bat it away. So talented, and yet so stupid.

For the Redskins it was either lose this week or lose next week. This was never going to be the year, so I am just happy they won the division and went 9-7. They are an average team right now with lots of holes on the roster (CB, safety, left guard, center, right tackle, blocking TE) but trending in the right direction.

Congrats to the Pack.

DeSean Jackson should join the all-idiot team with some of those Bengals players. Not extending for the pylon for a TD in a playoff game cost the Redskins 4 points.

You can't put that all on him. Not being able to punch it in with first down on the one foot line had a little to do with it, too.

You can't put that all on him. Not being able to punch it in with first down on the one foot line had a little to do with it, too.

That's true but it doesn't make DeSean Jackson any less of an idiot. He is also an idiot for running backwards for 22 yards to his own 4 yard line on a punt return a few weeks back.

That's true but it doesn't make DeSean Jackson any less of an idiot. He is also an idiot for running backwards for 22 yards to his own 4 yard line on a punt return a few weeks back.

I feel there are lots of athletically talented guys in the league, but the great players are smarter and that's what separates them.

I didn't think the Packers had a chance and it looked like that through one quarter, but it was like all of a sudden they became the Packers again. I don't think the results will be the same this week.

Yup, that high football IQ is the huge difference maker. It's what gives some guys those "instincts" to do amazing plays game after game.

Athletic but no smarts = "good"
Athletic + smarts = great, maybe even HoF
Smart but no skills = coach :D
No skills or smarts = us

Yup, that high football IQ is the huge difference maker. It's what gives some guys those "instincts" to do amazing plays game after game.

Athletic but no smarts = "good"
Athletic + smarts = great, maybe even HoF
Smart but no skills = coach :D
No skills or smarts = us

LOL. So true...

What a freeking game. And I lost $10 on it. :(

You won't see another like that in quite some time. And how on earth does Rodgers complete two hail marys in one season??

Considering how poorly the Packers played in the home stretch, it was one hell of an accomplishment to make it this far, but it still sucks. Two years in a row of losing in OT in the playoffs.

I was totally rooting for you guys.

In other news, there are rumors going around the Raiders might move to Central Texas. That would be frikkin awesome. Of course, they would have to change their name.

Back