I'm ready for some football.

All depends on which Manning shows up. Old and achy, or...

Hey, he did scramble out of the pocket once or twice this weekend.

I agree it's unlikely but then, I thought the idea of them beating the Pats was pretty unlikely too.

Really? I don't know why the Pats were getting all this faith. I really expected this loss.They haven't been very good since mid season.They also never play well in Denver. That Denver D is friggin' good, too.

All depends on which Manning shows up. Old and achy, or...
He's done exactly what he needs to so far this post season. As little as possible. He's managing the game, and not trying to do too much. I don't think that's going to be enough in the SB. Carolina is looking like one of those teams...kinda like Seattle 2 years ago.You never know, though.He is doing a great job playing solid football.

Broncos are dead meat next game...they simply won't be able to put up enough points. If they're going to have any chance, Peyton is gonna need to bring a lot more to the table than just 170 passing yards and 2 TDs. Not saying they aren't a good team, but they won't be able to rely on their defense to win this one. They haven't scored over 31 points in any game this season, meanwhile Cam & the boys have gone over 37 points eight times this season. If the Broncos D can hold the Panthers to somewhere in the 20s, Peyton's squad will still need to have their best offensive game of the season.

Basically the Panthers are the exact opposite of what the Seahawks were a couple Superbowls back-- an offensive juggernaut with a good defense. I'm pulling for the Broncos because I hate the Panthers and Cam, but I don't think it's gonna be very pretty. Hope I'm wrong though!

I want the Panthers to win, because I'm still caught up in that Brady/Manning competition. A Peyton win would elevate him considerably in that silliness. A loss (particularly a bad one) would crush him. Pretty retarded motivations, I know! :D
He needs this for his legacy, a lot more than Brady did.
I can totally see where this is really boring stuff for people outside the fan bases of these 2 QBs.

I'm a Chiefs fan, so the best that I can hope for is that Denver loses in an overwhelmingly embarrassing manner in front of the entire world just like last time. That was pretty awesome.

I'm a Chiefs fan, so the best that I can hope for is that Denver loses in an overwhelmingly embarrassing manner in front of the entire world just like last time. That was pretty awesome.

As a Raider fan, I hate to say it but I agree with the Chefs fan.

I want the Panthers to win, because I'm still caught up in that Brady/Manning competition. A Peyton win would elevate him considerably in that silliness. A loss (particularly a bad one) would crush him. Pretty retarded motivations, I know! :D

Nah, that's part of the fun. People need to understand that the sports players who are paid by the teams from your area are superior to the sports players who are paid by the teams from their area. It's totally important.

Manning does have a decent case though. People like to attribute championships to individual players - and for those people Tom Brady is the clear cut best QB except for possibly Joe Montana. That's bullshit IMO. QBs are super-important but not nearly so much as to attribute championships to them. Trent Dilfer has a ring. Dan Marino does not. Joe Gibbs won superbowls with 3 different QBs. QBs are only on the field for less than half the game (on average) and then only a percentage of those plays are even passes. That said, Brady's clutch play evens him with Manning, and that's saying a lot because Manning's career regular season stats are off the charts. I don't think another SB win for Manning sways things all that much - especially seeing as how he pretty much sucks at this point and is being carried by their defense.

Nah, that's part of the fun. People need to understand that the sports players who are paid by the teams from your area are superior to the sports players who are paid by the teams from their area. It's totally important.

Manning does have a decent case though. People like to attribute championships to individual players - and for those people Tom Brady is the clear cut best QB except for possibly Joe Montana. That's bullshit IMO. QBs are super-important but not nearly so much as to attribute championships to them. Trent Dilfer has a ring. Dan Marino does not. Joe Gibbs won superbowls with 3 different QBs. QBs are only on the field for less than half the game (on average) and then only a percentage of those plays are even passes. That said, Brady's clutch play evens him with Manning, and that's saying a lot because Manning's career regular season stats are off the charts. I don't think another SB win for Manning sways things all that much - especially seeing as how he pretty much sucks at this point and is being carried by their defense.

Gotta remember that Manning has played 3 full seasons more than Brady.Brady's regular season stats have also been pretty gaudy. The championships, and post season success in general are what truly sets him apart.Having said that, That scale has tipped more in Mannings favor in the past several seasons, and he owns Brady head to head. Both are first ballot HOFs....
I still want Peyton to get his ass handed to him! :D

Ya know, after watching this Pro Bowl, I honestly hope it gets canceled from now on. So pathetic. They don't even tackle each other any more!

So it turns out Peyton Manning's wife received shipments of drugs from a doctor's office that was associated with illegal shipments of HGH from China in 2007. She was receiving her drugs at the same time Peyton was getting treated by this same group back in 2011. Interesting.

Cam Newton knowingly purchased a stolen laptop while attending the U of Florida and then threw it out his apartment window when the cops came. Also interesting. :D

In 1980 I had an indecent exposure ticket. Well, I was 11 so my mother received the ticket. Not so interesting... :)

That game was a snoozer. Zzzzz...... No offense, at least not at Super Bowl caliber.

Glad the Broncos won. Hope Manning doesn't Favre his retirement.

That game was a snoozer. Zzzzz...... No offense, at least not at Super Bowl caliber.

Glad the Broncos won. Hope Manning doesn't Favre his retirement.

Snoozer?

Someone once said that defense wins the Super Bowl. Seems they were correct.

The best offense in NFL was shut down. I find that quite anything but a 'snoozer'. :)

Back