I should know this, but I don't: CD-RW question

4-Man Takedown

Will these play in common CD players?

I am pretty sure they don't, but I am at the car check phase of a recording (don't have a sub) and don't wanna burn through too many CD-R's (yes I am that broke). I've been using a cassette tape, but for obvious reasons I need to switch to CD's.

yes, but..........

4-Man Takedown said:
Will these play in common CD players?

I am pretty sure they don't, but I am at the car check phase of a recording (don't have a sub) and don't wanna burn through too many CD-R's (yes I am that broke). I've been using a cassette tape, but for obvious reasons I need to switch to CD's.

burn them with a standard burning software as a redbook audio cd, most cd players made in the last 3 to 5 years will play cd-rw's that look to them like a regular audio cd. that means write at once, no incremental writing. must have a toc (table of contents and be a finished volume), don't worry, your software should take care of that.

most cd players will not play mp3's at all or .wav files that are not integrated into a all in one cd like format.

oh yeah, try www.cdfreaks.com if the info you want is not there, it does not exist! but I think i'm right on this. some cd-rw media won't play on some players some times even if it is written in the right format. cd-rw's are'nt quite as compatible as regular cd's so try it on several players.

Awesome... thanks, I guess I'll just give it a shot. It's weird how I've been doing this for years but have never used a CD-RW, but I've never been this damn broke.

You can expect a CD-RW to play redbook audio in a cd player that is designed and labeled to do so. While it may be true that some of the later players might do it anyway, most of the ones I have seen play them were designed that way.

A few years back, I bought a $200 aiwa all-in one bookshelf stereo system to give stuff the "crap test". I picked out the one that specified it would play CD-RWs for that very purpose, so I could burn 'em, erase 'em and burn 'em again. Works out nice that way.

Back