i need a good vocal mic

What speakers are you using to monitor your output. Unless you have a faulty Mic, changing to a cheaper alternative will not bring Nirvana.
Nearly all LD mics are engineered with a presence boost but this is nearly always above the sibilance frequency's and just adds a sense of openness to the recording. The fact that you do not get it with your other Mic could be due to it having a suckout at just the right frequency.
Listen to singers especially close up and you will be surprised how much sibliance occurs naturally.

wilkee's latest reply got me thinking of maybe another source for the problem ... your phantom power or the input you're using for the AT mic (if you used a different one for the other mic you tested and said had no problems). Maybe the card or breakout box is faulty.

How much recording have you done with the Delta? Do other analog-in tracks sound OK? Have you used phantom on anything else?

Not really sure what I'm talking about but could it possibly be that the cable is not transfering the phantom power correctly?I've heard that a cable could work with a dynamic mic although it could be damaged enough to impede phantom power.Before you sell the mic and take a loss make sure it's the mike that is the problem.Maybe see if you can borrow another condensor that has the same phantom power requirement and see how that sounds.It would be a shame to take a $125 hit selling the AT and then you buy another mic and still have the same problem.

Back