I am black

I've got a friend. He's Dutch and about as Caucasian as one can be. He was born and raised in South Africa. He relocated to the US around the 90's and now has US citizenship. Can he put "African-American" on a job application?

Dutch Apple Brownie...?

I've got a friend. He's Dutch and about as Caucasian as one can be. He was born and raised in South Africa. He relocated to the US around the 90's and now has US citizenship. Can he put "African-American" on a job application?

You know, he's actually more african-american than black people.

11219527_810638615710397_6680956634005594285_n.jpg

---------- Update ----------

10609665_10153329643498376_6361522312482498675_n.jpg

World's most heroic, courageous cat!

[obligatory musical reference]

"I'm black,
I'm black!"

"I'm pink,
I'm pink!"

"I'm Rinso(TM) White!"

"I'm
in-
vi-
si-
ble!"

Ain't got no...

[/obligatory musical reference]

You actually have to specify race on a job application?:confused::eek:

I think there's some kind of preferential treatment in hiring of minorities for government jobs. I know that it's common for government construction projects to have quota's. Race and gender are weighted into scores when it comes time for promotion in the city of Milwaukee, I'm not sure how other government entities handle it.

Well, there are obviously people with different physical traits, based on the genetic lineage of their ancestors, but "race" doesn't exist. RaceISM does, but that practice is as misguided as categorizing people into "races" in the first place.

Back