HS2004 - can I use my existing HS 2002 wrapper?

Paul881

Look Mom, I can play!
Fathers Day on Sunday brings more joy in the guise of HS2004. This will upgrade my HS2002. :) But the question I have is does anyone know if my Fxpansion wrapper that I bought before Cakewalk purchased the product coding work with 2004? I'm guessing that it will but with software, you just never know. :rolleyes:

Paul, most of 3rd party add ons, plugins and goodie goodie I got for buying Sonar 2XL worked like a charm in Sonar 3 PE. Just a thought :)

;)
Jaymz

dirtythermos said:
HS2004 comes with the Cakewalk VST adapter, so you probably won't need the old Fxpansion one.

Thats news to me. My copy of HS2004XL certainly didn't come with it.

Only Sonar bundles the VST wrapper.

Sorry, but VST wrapper only comes with SONAR and Project5. It's available for HS2004 users separately.

;)
Jaymz

You're right, everything I've read on the 'net indicates that it is not included. I know that HS2004 installed it on my machine and I have used it. Maybe it's a trial/demo version or something - I'll take a look when I get home.

Well, it appears that the VST wrapper did come with my copy of HS2004, but I also noticed that my HS2004 is the "Euro" version. It says "HS2004 Euro" on the installer and on the splash screen when the software is loading. All I can think of is that the VST wrapper is included on the European version, but not the US version. I think it's really weird that zzounds sent me the Euro version.

dirtythermos said:
Well, it appears that the VST wrapper did come with my copy of HS2004, but I also noticed that my HS2004 is the "Euro" version. It says "HS2004 Euro" on the installer and on the splash screen when the software is loading. All I can think of is that the VST wrapper is included on the European version, but not the US version. I think it's really weird that zzounds sent me the Euro version.

How curious :confused: I stand a chance then, because I have ordered the German English Euro version. I will post back. When it comes. Eventually :(

dirtythermos said:
I think it's really weird that zzounds sent me the Euro version.
Just remember to convert "miles per hour" to "kilometers per hour" and you'll be OK... :D

As promised, the feedback is that the Dxi wrapper is included in the European version :D

I love the Dxi Synth insert drop down menu :) Makes life easier. :rolleyes:

There is no difference in latency between WDM and ASIO drivers. Is this normal? Which set of drivers is best? And why? (I use a Delta 66 and Omni.)

Back