HR Members guitar design and build thread

I thought I'd bring these forward in the thread and post just the bodies we are down to discussing.

LP Special,Jazzmaster, & Strat Silhouettes

Note: All the bodies were drawn freehand with no attention to precise scale.

Attachments

• Silhouettes II.pdf
    15.9 KB · Views: 8
Man! It's a pain in the A** to draw lightning bolt "F" holes that look right.

lol. would hold on that for a bit. What I normally do for new f hole shapes it to find images that are close and trace and edit until I come up with something I like then scale them down to the appropriate size.

I know this is getting ahead of ourselves but this is the sort of thing I'd had in mind. Obviously would need tinkering and maybe skewed to reflect the curve of the guitar. Traditionally the "nick" or centre mark of the f hole lines up with the bridge. In this case it would be the second point from the top.

Attachments

• bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 26
nazi-ss-logo.jpg

This is the design I've been playing around with. As you can see the body is 15" wide at the lower bout. This would be semi hollow rather than a chambered. In my vision it would have an arched top. It ended up being only slightly asymmetrical. I don't love the lightning bolts as drawn.

This is kinda where my head was going when you suggested this excersize.

Attachments

• LP Semi.pdf
    15.5 KB · Views: 11
Yep they look better. At least to me they do. I'd try them with a curve following the edge of the guitar and decide which I liked from there..

I think I might be the only one interested in this design direction. I wonder if some folks think this is the route the process is giong to take. Maybe I should play around with th surf guitar design for awhile and see if participation picks back up. If there are any suggestions on where to go with the Jazzmaster design I'm willing to try my hand at them.

I've voted on everything that's been open to voting on.

I like the double cut too ..... that'd be a fine way to go.
And the lightning bolts would look better if they did curve to follow the curve of the body I think.

Honestly ..... I pretty much like all guitars.

Not getting at anyone Lt. Just saying that a "committee" inspired design kind of needs a quorum.;)

I'm not put out by lack of response just sayin that it's kind of hard to move quickly with just three of four comments each time thats all..

Not getting at anyone Lt. Just saying that a "committee" inspired design kind of needs a quorum.;)

I'm not put out by lack of response just sayin that it's kind of hard to move quickly with just three of four comments each time thats all..
I wasn't really grumbling although I guess it sounded that way.
Truth is ....... it's not really a committee if there's only 3 of us.
I see your point.

I guess it comes down to me also not being so agreeable. I should pick a position and stick to it.

So out of the body shapes suggested so far I'm actually gonna go with the direction milnoque's headed in. I've always liked double cuts and I like the little bit of asymetricalness he has going and I've already said I'd like something different in a f-hole. I think those lightening bolts have real potential.

I was going to vote for the surf guitar for the same reasons you stated originally. More possibilities and more options.......

Back