HR Members guitar design and build thread

Oh and Cmunch is our resident thread derailer. We have space here for all talents.. Welcome aboard.:)

Not trying to derail, you said you wanted a little banter in the thread, hey, I'll happily leave you to it and you can send 'em all to sleep with autocad doodles bud. :)

Not trying to derail, you said you wanted a little banter in the thread, hey, I'll happily leave you to it and you can send 'em all to sleep with autocad doodles bud. :)

Fuck it. I can't keep up with you..

Are you behind my sofa watching me.:D

You brit-tards are asleep now, and I'm down in my cave thinking about guitars. I dig your enthusiasm, but I'm trying to think of something to do that hasn't been done.....25 times already.

Yeah, I can tickle autocad and 3D, but I'm no sonics-expert. If I had the money and time, I'd try to morph a semi-hollow with a tried and true solid body. Aint that what a tele is??

Muttley, you're an expert, but I think you're pissin' up a rope. What are we gonna do that's revo or newo? Build me a charvelle with crackle paint and locking trem with 3 tweakable pickups.....and I'll but five of em!

Or...build me a $3,000 Martin for $200 and I'll sign up for 10! :cool:

Love and kisses....my Cheri's in the mood for love, so I must go! :p

You brit-tards are asleep now, and I'm down in my cave thinking about guitars. I dig your enthusiasm, but I'm trying to think of something to do that hasn't been done.....25 times already.

Yeah, I can tickle autocad and 3D, but I'm no sonics-expert. If I had the money and time, I'd try to morph a semi-hollow with a tried and true solid body. Aint that what a tele is??

Muttley, you're an expert, but I think you're pissin' up a rope. What are we gonna do that's revo or newo? Build me a charvelle with crackle paint and locking trem with 3 tweakable pickups.....and I'll but five of em!

Or...build me a $3,000 Martin for $200 and I'll sign up for 10! :cool:

Love and kisses....my Cheri's in the mood for love, so I must go! :p

What? Who said we were trying to do anything revolutionary or new? Read again - Basic premise is that we get as many people as possible to contribute to the design of a guitar and I'm going to build it for kicks. I'm out of action for a few weeks and desk bound so it has to be better than shooting shit in the cave all day, yes?

As for it's all be done. No it hasn't but that is not the aim. The aim is to work through the process of designing a guitar and putting it together. Sure we are trying to do some thing distinctive. That's entirely possible I do it everyday. If enough people jump in with input at each stage we should end up wiith a fairly unique guitar. If not we'll end up with a pretty cool guitar, if not that we'll end up with a well built guitar. I've already said this a few times. If you don't want to play thats fine but I guarantee that if you follow this through to it's conclusion you will at the very least know a lot more about guitar design and building them than you do today.;)

Climb on board or not it's all good. When people tell me I'm pissing up a rope I'm the kind of guy that quietly but resolutely hang them with it..:D

You can take this any way you fuckin like, why don't you lighten up you pompous court holding old fart? :)

Sooner that than a worthless know nothing waste of space fella.. You rant at anyone and anything. Try contributing some thing of use or take it to the off topic boards while others try and have fun and be productive. Thanks for your help with this?:)

Sooner that than a worthless know nothing waste of space fella.. You rant at anyone and anything. Try contributing some thing of use or take it to the off topic boards while others try and have fun and be productive. Thanks for your help with this?:)
I, for one, think it's a pretty cool idea and I'm kinda interested in what the will of a group of people morphs into.
Hell, if I didn't know I won't be able to afford it I'd already be first in line to have it delivered to my door so i could gig with it.

Nice rant old fella, you gonna unfurl your knickers now and get this baby back on topic? :)

Are we still picking a body design? I've been out of the loop for a while?
Yeh pretty much. I didn't anticipate much moving forward over the weekend. Things get quiet here over the weekend.

Favorite so far seems to be some sort of surf style guitar based off the surfcaster/jazzmaster. We are also discussing doing something with the les paul special. Nothing decided yet... There are some drawings to draw inspiration from a few pages back. After I've got chater to clean up some of the off topic stuff here It should be easier to navigate. That will probably happen Monday.

If you have any ideas to toss around just throw them out there.... Most welcome

Not ranting, not raving- this is a fun discussion, and I am sure it will result in an interesting, fun and maybe actually good guitar design... but IMO the discussion is moving a bit slowly. Mutt, can you set a time limit on how long votes are taken for a particular design feature, break the tie if you need to (using your own judgement- for instance, if all three options have the same votes, choose whichever one YOU like- it is your thread, after all,) and then move on to the next design feature? I find myself visiting this thread less and less often, because it seems like there are about 100 posts on each design feature.

Just asking. Do what you think is best, it's your thread.

Not ranting, not raving- this is a fun discussion, and I am sure it will result in an interesting, fun and maybe actually good guitar design... but IMO the discussion is moving a bit slowly. Mutt, can you set a time limit on how long votes are taken for a particular design feature, break the tie if you need to (using your own judgement- for instance, if all three options have the same votes, choose whichever one YOU like- it is your thread, after all,) and then move on to the next design feature? I find myself visiting this thread less and less often, because it seems like there are about 100 posts on each design feature.

Just asking. Do what you think is best, it's your thread.

I'm pretty much going to let it slide at weekends for the reasons above. On Monday I hope to have some more input on body outlines and then we should fly from there. So far I've allowed 24 hours on any vote so that all timezones get a fair crack..

Got any thoughts on style and type, semi, chambred, solid etc...?

Back